NREMT, why oh why?

Lunah

Forum Crew Member
I found that inputting my CEUs online made my recert process go a little faster -- yeah, I still had to print out and send in a hard copy with original signatures, as well as provide documentation of all the CEU hours, but for $20, NREMT was pretty speedy. :)

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Better yet, ensure you have all the proper paper work; when you send it in.

p.s. NREMT is going to paperless within the next two years.

R/r 911

Yes, all the paperwork was included the first time. Even have a checklist to prove it.

Good to know. I'll believe it when I see it.

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I found that inputting my CEUs online made my recert process go a little faster -- yeah, I still had to print out and send in a hard copy with original signatures, as well as provide documentation of all the CEU hours, but for $20, NREMT was pretty speedy. :)

I also inputed the CEUs, but that was nothing more than a spreadsheet you had to print out and send in with proof you took the course. Like I said, the NREMT's website is circa 1980. Welcome to 2009. Electronic record keeping is not that hard.

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
The entire app came back in yesterday's mail along with a written accusation from the NREMT saying I didn't include (*cough* they lost *cough*) the refresher cert.

So I put it all back into a new envelope and included *both* an original State and Training Center refresher cert.

And sent it USPS Express Mail, which they got today.

Now we wait....

Sasha

Forum Chief
The entire app came back in yesterday's mail along with a written accusation from the NREMT saying I didn't include (*cough* they lost *cough*) the refresher cert.

So I put it all back into a new envelope and included *both* an original State and Training Center refresher cert.

And sent it USPS Express Mail, which they got today.

Now we wait....

Beause you're above mistakes, right?

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Beause you're above mistakes, right?

Well, when you and your training officer both checked the paperwork *AND* there is a written checklist confirming the contents of the package then I believe it is very safe to say that the fault lies with the NREMT.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Or, you know, you could just accept that things happen.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLtPMuj2VQ0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFVo02K_CAc[/YOUTUBE]

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Sorry but I immediately change the channel when I hear country music. It's painful.

JPINFV

Gadfly
No worries. I immediately change the channel when I hear whining.

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
No worries. I immediately change the channel when I hear whining.

So then why did you read this thread, continue to read this thread and post in this thread? Are you sure you really "changed the channel"?

And I enjoy whining. It pleases my soul.

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Hope you sent it by certified mail......

Express mail has track and confirm. I also put on there that I required a signature before they release the package. So yes, it's certified.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Sounds like no one has accidentally left anything out when they submitted paperwork. Even with check list it is not unheard of to have a piece get lost or forgotten. Plus you admitted to sending it late so why are you whining about NR? Your mistake started this so why should we presume you made no other mistakes and that it is all NR's fault?

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Sounds like no one has accidentally left anything out when they submitted paperwork. Even with check list it is not unheard of to have a piece get lost or forgotten. Plus you admitted to sending it late so why are you whining about NR? Your mistake started this so why should we presume you made no other mistakes and that it is all NR's fault?

1) Two people manually inspecting *and* a checklist to confirm contents lends credibility to the argument that the fault is on the end of the NREMT

2) My application was sent in a *month* before expiration. How is that considered "late"?

3) Even if my application could somehow (in an alternate universe) be considered "late", that doesn't excuse the NREMT for losing certs and misplacing paperwork. Unless you believe that punitive punishment is justified for being "late"?

medic417

The Truth Provider
1) Two people manually inspecting *and* a checklist to confirm contents lends credibility to the argument that the fault is on the end of the NREMT

2) My application was sent in a *month* before expiration. How is that considered "late"?

3) Even if my application could somehow (in an alternate universe) be considered "late", that doesn't excuse the NREMT for losing certs and misplacing paperwork. Unless you believe that punitive punishment is justified for being "late"?

1. Mistakes happen when 20 check at times.

2. You missed date they said submit by. They require it be sent early so no problems. Follow the rules this would have been non issue.

3. You can not prove they lost them. And again had you submitted per instructions then it would be a non issue whether they had human error or you had human error.

Yes if your late you should be punished. Sorry that is life. Where I work if late w/o valid reason you are fired. In this case you had no valid reason to be late.

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
1. Mistakes happen when 20 check at times.

2. You missed date they said submit by. They require it be sent early so no problems. Follow the rules this would have been non issue.

3. You can not prove they lost them. And again had you submitted per instructions then it would be a non issue whether they had human error or you had human error.

Yes if your late you should be punished. Sorry that is life. Where I work if late w/o valid reason you are fired. In this case you had no valid reason to be late.

1. Yes, and the NREMT is not capable of making a mistake? Would you honestly have me believe that they *never* lose or misplace paperwork? They have hundreds of thousands of applications coming in with millions of pieces of paperwork. Yet they have never and can never lose a single piece of paper? That's rather comical to believe.

2. The NREMT has a suggested date to turn in paperwork. It is not required- only suggested. Look at their website if you don't believe this. What is required is to turn in your paperwork before expiration. If you do it after expiration you are subject to a late fee. However, in no way are you subject to summary rejection of your application when you turn it in before the expiration date. Any suggestion that summary rejection is acceptable indicates a severe lack of professionalism.

3. Yes I can. I can easily prove that all the papers were sent. Two people checked *and* there is a checklist. All the papers necessary for recertification were included and verified to have been sent. Thus the only logical explanation is the NREMT lost them. There will *always* be a margin of error for a group like the NREMT which processes millions of pieces of paper a year. Certainly someone will have their application bungled. Unless you are suggestion that the NREMT is immune to human failings. Are you honestly saying that the NREMT is super-human and unable to make an error? I beg for your answer.

medic417

The Truth Provider
1. Yes, and the NREMT is not capable of making a mistake? Would you honestly have me believe that they *never* lose or misplace paperwork? They have hundreds of thousands of applications coming in with millions of pieces of paperwork. Yet they have never and can never lose a single piece of paper? That's rather comical to believe.

2. The NREMT has a suggested date to turn in paperwork. It is not required- only suggested. Look at their website if you don't believe this. What is required is to turn in your paperwork before expiration. If you do it after expiration you are subject to a late fee. However, in no way are you subject to summary rejection of your application when you turn it in before the expiration date. Any suggestion that summary rejection is acceptable indicates a severe lack of professionalism.

3. Yes I can. I can easily prove that all the papers were sent. Two people checked *and* there is a checklist. All the papers necessary for recertification were included and verified to have been sent. Thus the only logical explanation is the NREMT lost them. There will *always* be a margin of error for a group like the NREMT which processes millions of pieces of paper a year. Certainly someone will have their application bungled. Unless you are suggestion that the NREMT is immune to human failings. Are you honestly saying that the NREMT is super-human and unable to make an error? I beg for your answer.

1. Never said NR could not have lost. Said it would have been non issue had you turned in when requested. That would have allowed plenty of time for your/their mistake to be taken care of.

2. If it is suggested then you have no complaint when you ignore suggestion for them not getting your card back as fast as you want it. If you wanted it fast you should have paid attn to suggestion.

3. Again never said NR could not make a mistake. Did you video the placement of all items actually going into the envelope? If not what is to say you did the check sheet and one form fail behind the desk or you did not properly seal envelope and it fell out? So no you can not prove you placed all in the envelope. Have you considered post office may have torn envelope and paperwork fell out?

Again I have never said NR could not and does not make mistakes. Based on some people that are certified by their test they make lots of mistakes because many have no business in EMS.

The part about all your whining on this subject is you act as you hold no blame for your actions. NR sucks but they are the closest thing to a single standard that USA EMS has. Maybe over time they will improve.

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I like whining. It's good for my soul.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I like whining. It's good for my soul.

Wasn't there some proof that the French are healthier because they like whine?:p