NREMT question for FL medics

parapaulieFL

Forum Probie
Anyone originally certified in FL, who has taken NREMTP? I have been a medic for 8 years and been out of school since 2003. I know with NREMT, if you have been out of school for more than 2 years, a refresher course is required. I'm wondering how long the course needs to be, what NREMT accepts and is online acceptable? If anyone has been through this can you help me out?

bajamedic

Forum Probie
From what I know it like this........

If you are state certified and current such as myself then you can apply to the national registry and test. If you are expired on the state level and cant get a state cert and it has been more than 2 years you need to take the course over agian. (I would rather be shot) If you can get your state cert and be current, then you can apply to the NR. What you need to look out for is the NREMTs is pushing there agenda, also states are closing the doors so that EMTs and Medic that want to leave a dead end state cant just show up and get a job. Hawaii requires retraining as they want jobs for Hawians. This is a trend you will see more of so if you want to stay in the ems game you better start playing. We have been notified of big changes comming to California. The state is looking at testing agian as it generates revenue. They would require state and NR testing.

If you have not practiced in 8 years as a medic the NREMT-P test will be like taking a Bar Exam.....expect to fail

Last edited by a moderator: