NREMT Basic Test.. study help

LaceyA

Forum Crew Member
So i passed my Basic test about 3 months ago and my niece who also took the test has failed twice now :(. She has horrible test anxiety and i cannot relate since i do not struggle with tests.

Well she is scheduled for her test on Wednesday and She called me last night and want me to help her prep and study. What would you do to help her study? Any good pointers for her?

Thanks Guys!

OP
OP
LaceyA

LaceyA

Forum Crew Member
Thanks I Dont know how to help her :( i want her to pass so bad but the ball is in her court not mine.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
A lot of people study for these exams with passive methods: re-reading the texbook, etc. I think doing actual practice questions is extremely important. If she didn't use a resource like the one I linked the first few times she took it, it should make a huge difference for her. And it's free! (technically not free, but I can't figure out any reason to pay for it when you can just use the demo to your heart's content)

OP
OP
LaceyA

LaceyA

Forum Crew Member
Yeah i had her use a practice one i used, so only time will tell if she fails again im not sure what she plans on doing.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I think doing actual practice questions is extremely important.

This. Plus it helps if you take the test within a couple months passing EMT class, that way the information is still relatively fresh in your mind. Also what I did for my national is I studied 3 hours a day for a week straight and I took and passed national a week after I passed EMT class.