NR written...

micromedic

Forum Probie
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
I do understand some of the feelings of "booksmart" as those that can't comprehend clinical judgement. This sometimes is perceived as "lacking" of common sense, however; let's not confuse the issue of being smart and being able to provide good care.

R/r 911

I guess I have seen some nerds who couldn't express themselves adequately. But, I honestly haven't seen a booksmart medic with clinical judgment any worse than anyone else, usually the opposite.

However, I think this is a concern with teaching. I haven't seen it in ems too much yet but in other college courses. The classic example is when they fire some really good professor with a master's and 30 years experience and bring in some prick with a Phd whose only experience is academic. Again, this is only with teaching.

In my program, grades were averaged.

corbin

Forum Probie
Well just got back from taking my test, not sure how I feel about it... It cut me off at question 150, so I think I interpret that as I was pretty much riding the fence the whole time, pass or fail.... I don't know... Some others were cut off at 80 so that pretty much meant they blew right through it or bombed it. wish me luck...

Good Am..........I took my NREMT exam on 03/17/2007 still no results, I felt good after taking the exam. When I got to 71 questions it cut off.
joyce

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
I took my NREMT exam on 03/17/2007 still no results

How times have changed around us!! I remember back in the 80's when you took that test with all the "Number-2-pencil-only-and-fill-in-the-squares-completely" rules, then sat on your hands for several anguished weeks while hoping for the "big" envelope and dreading the arrival of the awful "little white envelope" postmarked Columbus. For all you newer folks to the job, it probably seems like the Dark Ages, but it's true. It's one of the few things from the "old days" that I for one certainly don't miss.

P.S. Good Luck, Joyce!!

OP
OP
H

HorseHauler

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks Tincan, btw, thats no old news to us, this computer thing just started this year, trial tests were starting around last fall. I have taken many tests with the old # 2 pencil only making sure all squares are filled in. lol.

Corbin, Thats really odd that you have not found out yet. I take it you have been checking the nremt.org site right? Have you called them at all? You should deffinately have heard by now. Good luck to you and keep us updated on how you did!!!

Thanks again everyone
Eric

corbin

Forum Probie
Thanks Tincan, btw, thats no old news to us, this computer thing just started this year, trial tests were starting around last fall. I have taken many tests with the old # 2 pencil only making sure all squares are filled in. lol.

Corbin, Thats really odd that you have not found out yet. I take it you have been checking the nremt.org site right? Have you called them at all? You should deffinately have heard by now. Good luck to you and keep us updated on how you did!!!

Thanks again everyone
Eric

Good Am.........I've called numerous of times and keep hearing the same song and dance.This is really absurd, I have a job offer with the fire dept and can't go to work until I get this freaking results. I will keep you guys posted and thanks for all the support.
joyce

corbin

Forum Probie

Thanks again everyone
Eric

Good Pm...........I finally find out why I haven't got results yet. The head person finally contacted me this am. Someone who works for the state told me since I have my EMT certification in DC and although it's still current, I take the written exam, I don't take the practical. Now they are trying to fix it so I don't have to wait weeks before taking it. Lucky someone from the NREMT dept put the pieces together and did some searching and inform me of what happen. I am going to write a nice letter regarding her, all the rest of the people kept telling me to wait and give it a few more days for it to be posted. I will keep you guys posted. Pray for me. In this case I only take the practical no writen exam for me.
Joyce

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
When I hear horror stories about the NREMT, I usually find out later it is the state and local jurisdiction that dropped the ball. Not, saying NREMT can't screw up, but usually they have their ducks in a row, since this is all they do is perform testing.

Glad matters are being worked upon, good luck!

R/r 911

corbin

Forum Probie
When I hear horror stories about the NREMT, I usually find out later it is the state and local jurisdiction that dropped the ball. Not, saying NREMT can't screw up, but usually they have their ducks in a row, since this is all they do is perform testing.

Glad matters are being worked upon, good luck!

R/r 911

Yes, I agree. It was the state that messed up. I will keep you posted. Thanks for the support.
joyce

firemedic1563

Forum Probie
Now I can join you. I just checked and I passed!!!!!

It was a strange test. Cut me off at 70 questions. I was shocked. So was the testing center. It took me like 20 minutes. I always test fast, and I do well on them, but WOW!!

corbin

Forum Probie
Now I can join you. I just checked and I passed!!!!!

It was a strange test. Cut me off at 70 questions. I was shocked. So was the testing center. It took me like 20 minutes. I always test fast, and I do well on them, but WOW!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know the feeling because when I took my exam the same thing happen to me. I didn't have to take the practical .I start paramedic class in 3 weeks. What are your plans now since you passed?
Joyce

OP
OP
H

HorseHauler

Forum Lieutenant
very cool, Congrats!!!!

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
I'll be hoping for a little love in return in a few weeks when I sit for my Intermediate test. I'll let y'all know when the prayer lines for my successful completion open up... :p

firemedic1563

Forum Probie
Thanks!!

As for my plans, just to start enjoying not being in school and take my promotion. I already am employed by the fire department, currently working as a firefighter/EMT-I. I will take the promotion to firefighter/paramedic. Just gonna be enjoying the 24/72 work schedule. Oh, and working part-time as a paramedic for a private company doing critical care.

OP
OP
H

HorseHauler

Forum Lieutenant
I think it is time to update your EMS training under your screename!!