Northwest Arkansas EMT-B student - Intro

cfink911

Forum Probie
Hey all,

My name's Chris but everybody just calls me Fink, been that way since I was a kid.
I'm 22yrs old and have been a volunteer firefighter for about 3 years now.

I love everything about this profession which is great since I'm not even getting paid for it yet. :tongue:

I work full-time at the Rogers Police/Fire Department here in Northwest Arkansas as a 911 Dispatcher.
We dispatch for Police/Fire/EMS as well as other city-related calls for service.

I'm currently enrolled in an EMT-B course at my local community college and I'm loving it - been wanting to do this for a long time.
I'm no newbie to forums, I've been a member of YotaTech for 6 years now and a moderator for almost 3.
I will however be asking a lot of newbie questions on here since I'm relatively new to this field - but I thankfully know how to use the search button.

Just wanted to introduce myself, I look forward to reading and learning as much as I can here.

Thanks,

Fink

Last edited by a moderator:

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Welcome Fink. Will you be going to the medical side, staying in fire or dabbling with both?

OP
OP
cfink911

cfink911

Forum Probie
Welcome Fink. Will you be going to the medical side, staying in fire or dabbling with both?

Both.

There is only department in this area that relies on a private ambulance service.
I've been a volunteer firefighter for several years now and love it, but I also enjoy the medic calls.

Thanks for the replies.

Fink