North Carolina EMS (Spelling Test)

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I have noticed that a few North Carolina EMS services issue spelling test along with there other hiring process test, does anyone know what this consist of? Are they looking for commonly mispelled Medical terms and diagnosis?

"Pnuemonia"

"Diarrhea"

"Epistaxis"

Do I pass? I hear that EMS is progressive and Industry leading in NC & SC

Also, isn't it State law or something of the sort that North Carolina Counties have to provide EMS serivce? Is it the same with SC?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Given that according to the DOTs own reasearch the number one problem with EMS providers is a lack of basic speeling and math ability Brown thinks its a good thing.

We have a spelling test here too along with grammar test.

Tanker299

Forum Probie
I'm afraid you got a 66.3% mate.

"Pneumonia"

:ph34r:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm afraid you got a 66.3% mate.

"Pneumonia"

:ph34r:

C'mon people! It's nuhmoanyuh. Sheesh.

Actually, our QA person could not figure out how like 90% of our people were misspelling unconscious. Well, it turns out that it is misspelled on the WA State MIR book coversheet. Lol!

boingo

Forum Asst. Chief
Given that according to the DOTs own reasearch the number one problem with EMS providers is a lack of basic speeling[B][/B] and math ability Brown thinks its a good thing.

We have a spelling test here too along with grammar test.

Speeling, eh? :p

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Damn....beet me to it. LOL

OP
OP
F

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I have noticed that a few North Carolina EMS services issue spelling test along with there other hiring process test, does anyone know what this consist of? Are they looking for commonly mispelled Medical terms and diagnosis?

Also, isn't it State law or something of the sort that North Carolina Counties have to provide EMS serivce? Is it the same with SC?

Thanks,

Is anyone able to anser these questions?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I know that Mecklenburg EMS has a spelling test as part of the process. Otherwise I don't know if any agencies that have a specific test as part of their hiring process.