NJ EMT-B..Question for those in NJ

Fire292Rescue

Forum Probie
First off greetings from South Jersey!B)

I recently completed EMT-B June 14th at my county academy. I registered and took my NJ EMT-B Certification Exam July 3rd 2008. Now I heard you'll know in a weeks time or 3 months.

Anyone who took the exam within the last 2 years or so have a real time frame for me?

I'm kinda anxious about finding out if I passed cause I've been pro-fire since I was a kid and taking EMT AND passing it was a huge accomplishment for me so...praying I passed.

Thanks in advance everyone and stay safe!

firecoins

IFT Puppet

I recently completed EMT-B June 14th at my county academy. I registered and took my NJ EMT-B Certification Exam July 3rd 2008. Now I heard you'll know in a weeks time or 3 months.

Anyone who took the exam within the last 2 years or so have a real time frame for me?

I'm kinda anxious about finding out if I passed cause I've been pro-fire since I was a kid and taking EMT AND passing it was a huge accomplishment for me so...praying I passed.

welcome to the EMS side of things

TheAfterAffect

Forum Lieutenant
took me about 2 and a Half months to find out if I passed, then 2 weeks to get the card.

OP
OP
Fire292Rescue

Fire292Rescue

Forum Probie
The paper the proctor handed me said up to 4 weeks and in bold DO NOT CALL OEMS haha.

It's been a week so we'll see I guess. Just really wanna know if I passed OR failed.

newtonfb19

Forum Probie

I took my NJ EMT-B state test mid-July 2007 and received my card in the mail within 2-3 weeks. However, I have heard recently from somebody on my squad who just took the test that they are now emailing results in less time. Not sure if this is now a standard procedure for the state or if the person I was talking to was mistaken.

Best of luck!!

OP
OP
Fire292Rescue

Fire292Rescue

Forum Probie
I took my NJ EMT-B state test mid-July 2007 and received my card in the mail within 2-3 weeks. However, I have heard recently from somebody on my squad who just took the test that they are now emailing results in less time. Not sure if this is now a standard procedure for the state or if the person I was talking to was mistaken.

Best of luck!!

Right, the new OEMS Certification system is in full force and I was told by our course coordinator we're one of the first EMT-B classes to use it once it was 100% online so.

I looked at the exam under my registration and it still says not attempted so, who knows.

Thanks though for the luck.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Jeeze wacker, I told you to RELAX! :D

Keep checking the OEMS website, do a search on yourself.
They will have you in the system before you get your card.

Just like I told you.

Breathe, Brother, it'll be OK!

OP
OP
Fire292Rescue

Fire292Rescue

Forum Probie
Jeeze wacker, I told you to RELAX! :D

Keep checking the OEMS website, do a search on yourself.
They will have you in the system before you get your card.

Just like I told you.

Breathe, Brother, it'll be OK!

Very funny man haha.

The system changed last night, it says the exam was completed but nothing more so there's something good.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
It's progress, Brother.
I'm gonna hafta give you some Valium...:lol:

OP
OP
Fire292Rescue

Fire292Rescue

Forum Probie
Still nothing, it sucks we've had 2 Cardiac Emergency calls in the last two days and I was the only one who showed up with our drive but counld't go...argh.

wolverine

Forum Crew Member
Welcome Brother

Welcome to HELL aka Jersey EMS, Log on there web site http://www.state.nj.us/health/ems/
or call 1-800-367-6543. It shouldn't take more then 4 weeks for you to get the result. A good friend of mine who is a Fire Captain&EMT in EO tells me you wont make money doing EMS like in the fire house, but you will have fun, hope that will proof true to you :huh:

OP
OP
Fire292Rescue

Fire292Rescue

Forum Probie
It shouldn't take more then 4 weeks for you to get the result.

I called the OEMS after emailing my course coordinator since the paperwork said to email them after 4 weeks, they said "We're running slow, please wait another 6-8 weeks"

I almost hung up on the girl :censored::angry:

wolverine

Forum Crew Member
OEMS aka Jersey Snail

Brother if you live in south Jersey take a drive down there and ask in person what's going on preferably riding an engine and perform a sprinkler test if they don't give you the right answer:wacko:

OP
OP
Fire292Rescue

Fire292Rescue

Forum Probie
Brother if you live in south Jersey take a drive down there and ask in person what's going on preferably riding an engine and perform a sprinkler test if they don't give you the right answer:wacko:

Haha, I'll have my dad bring the Rescue Engine to Trenton (25 minutes from home) B)

EMT815

Forum Probie
I got an email from OMES in about 4 weeks and my card in the mail about a week and a half later.