emtphil

Forum Probie
Hello everybody, I've been an EMT-B for almost a month now. I have yet to actually start working for an ambulance service because I've just moved from another state and I'm waiting for a reciprocal license.

Speaking of which, how hard is it to get a reciprocal license? I've already sent off the paperwork so I guess it's just a waiting game now. I got my cert in Massachusetts and I'm now living in Texas.

Either way, I'm thoroughly excited to finally be a part of the EMS world. I've always been interested in EMS ever since I was a little kid (my favorite TV show growing up was Rescue 911), and I can't wait to start working.

mikie

Forum Lurker
I'm awaiting my 3rd state license, two of which I got via reciprocity. Each state is different in what they accept. For newest license, I have to take a 12 hour protocol course (Maryland) should (and hopefully) accept it.

I have my licenses in Missouri, Illinois, and now applying for Maryland. I also am NR, but that isn't a license!

Everywhere is different...I hate EMS paperwork!

OP
OP
E

emtphil

Forum Probie
I got word from the Texas Dept. of State Health Services, and they say I have to take the NREMT assessment exam. Anyone know what that's like?

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the tribe!!! :):):)

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I got word from the Texas Dept. of State Health Services, and they say I have to take the NREMT assessment exam. Anyone know what that's like?

There's an entire section here devoted to NREMT stuff.