New York City Jobs

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I am currently living in Florida and looking at getting medic and moving to NYC next summer. I was wondering what the job Outlook is like up there. Also what would PH suggest me doing to prepare? FDNY is awesome but wondering how competitive it is. Possible to work there without getting my fire cents? Do they put you through fire school?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

firecoins

IFT Puppet
FDNY EMS is its own division. If you want to work FDNY EMS, fire certs of no use to you. You will not be involved in fire supression at all. They usually hire medics in July. So you need to have your NYS medic card and NYC remac card in hand prior to applying. So start researching the reciprocity process and look at the NYC protocols. If you want to work for FDNY and have everything you need, you could get in. Its competitive but not that competitive.

Voluntary hospitals probably but not definatly not hire you if not already in the FDNY system just cause its a pain in the *** for them. Its difficult but not at all impossible so don't take my word for it until you try yourself.

Transport companies will hire you but you need to annoy them. So will hire you in a snap and others when they get around to it.

Last edited by a moderator: