New Year's Superstitions

namaste1967

Forum Crew Member
Just wondering if any of you have any New Year's superstitions that you follow each year? Mine:
1.Christmas tree must be down before midnight and all calanders must be off the wall(don't put the new ones up until the new year)..........signifies not bringing the old year into the new.
2.Set some money outside (even just a dollar) on new years eve, then bring it in after the new year begins............signifies money will come into your home all year.
3.Have money in your pocket as the new year begins...........money in your pocket all year.
4. Be eating at midnight and kiss your sweetie (after you swallow, of course!)..........you will have food and love all year.
5.Corned beef and cabbabe dinner on new years day brings good luck all year.

Wishing you all peace, love, and happiness in the New Year!

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
i pulled duty 12-31

so if we get toned out to a club or bar during auld ang syne do i have to kiss the patient?

~S~

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Stevo said:
i pulled duty 12-31

so if we get toned out to a club or bar during auld ang syne do i have to kiss the patient?

~S~
Sounds good to me.

I'm running 6p-12a 12/31, and 3rd call 12a-7a, then going to work for the Mummer's Parade in Philly.

There is a decent chance, given how busy we are, that I may be on the last or first call of the year in the county :D ;).

Jon

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
well Jon, i suppose there's some consolation in that.

~S~

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
well, we were toned @ 00:54

far from the first, but it's my first run of the yr...

~S~

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
We didn't have the last or first call, we did have the first building fire (recalled, bonfire), and the first Co. to go to more than 1 call in district (4th call at 0130).

I also had a 2-hour call for the lady in flash pulmonary edema.... and CPAP worked.

Jon