New Vs Old

94accord

Forum Crew Member
Making a move. Hope its good. Choose for yourself based on limited information lol

Old:
Worthless supervisor
Practically worthless rigs (1/2 w/o inverters)
Rigs not stocked
Office the size of a medium public restroom
computers that do not work half the time
Rigs that break down every week or so
worthless mechanic working on the worthless rigs
worthless co-workers (save 1 or 2)
Not knowing next days schedule until 8pm the night before
4-16 hour shift to be determined DURING your shift
NO overtime available

the list could go on.

New:
Company still forming, a little disorganized
Brand new ambulances (with inverters)
Friendly manager (personal friend of mine from EMT school)
Friendly supervisor (friend from "old" place)
Promotion to Crew leader status after probation
Weight room
Bunk rooms
showers
EMS lounge with plasma flat panel tv, dvd player, etc.
working computers
24 hour shifts (for now) with plenty of overtime available
office at least 15 times the size of "OLD" place

Hmmm what would you pick?

The old company actually asked my why i was leaving... i did not have the heart to tell them that they SUCKED! I ended up telling em that they simply did not provide me enough room to better myself and grow personally and professionally... so I thought it was time to move on.

Glorified

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats on the new and better job. I would choose the new one too. Just out of curiosity, where are you getting your PA cert and what degress do you have if any?

OP
OP

94accord

Forum Crew Member
Not sure what you mean. All I know is the old company was SUPPOSED to be helping me get my PA cert, however, I never did hear anything from them about it so for now it seems that it is not going to happen yet. In time, I will do my own research and get it. For now, I need to get some con-ed hours in.... the new company is probably sending me to Vegas for the EMS convention. SCORE

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
The new company sounds "too good to be true"... I'd wonder where they are getting all their money from... at some point, it might dry up and you might find yourself without a job. Until then, though, enjoy the ride... but have a backup plan... it looks like you didn't really burn your bridges with your old employer, so you might be able to go back there if you need to.

Is this company operating PA as well? If it is, I might just want to come work with you (even if I do need a new job in 6 months ;)).

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Awsome!!! good luck with your new job!:) :) :)

Glorified

Forum Lieutenant
Not sure what you mean. All I know is the old company was SUPPOSED to be helping me get my PA cert, however, I never did hear anything from them about it so for now it seems that it is not going to happen yet. In time, I will do my own research and get it. For now, I need to get some con-ed hours in.... the new company is probably sending me to Vegas for the EMS convention. SCORE

I meant to ask if you have an associates or bachelors degree?

gatorbait7614

Forum Probie
It must be nice to get Plasma TVs at the station. We are lucky if the TVs work, or if we have releif coming in the am.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
We have 2 bunk rooms at quarters. Each room has 2 beds. One of the rooms has a neat LCD TV/DVD player in it, and an xbox 360. We only get to use it at night because during the day, we get chased out of the office to do 'busy work!'

Yet another reason I work 24s on weekends. ;-)

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Ironically, I did not read any where what type of care they provided to patients and satisfaction of staff.

I have worked at EMS with the most plushed and equipment that shined.. but they had horrible protocols and provided lousy patient care, left for a "whole in the wall" EMS that was one of the most agressive in care...

One needs to evaluate the whole picture, what will make them happy..!

Good luck

R/r 911

CaraBeth91478

Forum Ride Along
I work for the same company also from that other not good company

honda and I both left the other company for this new company. Patient care with this new company is #1 they dont expect anything less, i have to agree with this, I have always treated patients with the utmost respect and care as if they were family, in my mind im always thinking what if this is a family member of mine on this stretcher, how would i want my family to be treated?...

with all the nice new equipment and neat things at the office, I can see how ppl would wonder about patient care!

Ok so with this new job, I have a wonderful new aussie boyfriend that im marrying at the end of the year, this is definetly the year for me. Happy New year to everyone else on here!

OP
OP

94accord

Forum Crew Member
Cara basically summed it all up. They are backed by a parent company who just happens to be a major land development company both residential and commercial along with several other sub companies... I would not expect the well to dry up ANY time soon.