New student training/studying to be an EMT-B

Glorified

Forum Lieutenant
Hi, everyone. I am new here and would just like to say hello. I have really good paramedic teachers at my class, and it is really fun....I want to be the best possible EMT-B I can be, before ever going to the paramedic program. Sometimes I doubt if I will be able to handle everything on a call, but I guess I've only had 4 classes so far. That's all...just wanted to say hi.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Welcome to the zoo!

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
welcome to the suck!

study, listen, learn, pass the test and FORGET EVERYTHING! then relearn it on the street. forget some stuff cause you havent had that type of call in xxxx, then have to relearn it on the fly. its the circle of life.....

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Do it the just the "street" method and you will someday get sued. Listen, study and appropiately apply your knowledge and interaction, with modification of real life situations. You will be judged and based upon the standards you were taught.

Short cuts only come with experience and when it is appropriate to modify things.

Good luck in your career.

R/r 911

premedtim

Forum Lieutenant
Hi, everyone. I am new here and would just like to say hello. I have really good paramedic teachers at my class, and it is really fun....I want to be the best possible EMT-B I can be, before ever going to the paramedic program. Sometimes I doubt if I will be able to handle everything on a call, but I guess I've only had 4 classes so far. That's all...just wanted to say hi.

I'm not too far behind ya, had 2 classes so far myself. Welcome!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the tribe! No question is ever stupid!:)