New NBC series "Trauma" this fall

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
And Pauley Perrette, who plays Abby on NCIS, is over 40!

But I would still totally hit that. :lol: BTW, correction, she just turned 40.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes, but I didn't want people to assume she was like 47 or something. She's "barely" over 40. :lol: I'm sorry if it doesn't make any sense....I'm just a little spacey because I'm absolutely exhausted.

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
I had to see what all the hype was about. Especially when people in my class wouldn't stop talking about it. I watched an episode, the first ten minutes I just laughed and laughed and laughed. Then after like the 50th time of a) all women in ems are wh#res and b) all emt's are stupid and paramedics know it all.. I got frustrated and turned it off. I can see why it got canceled, the acting was worse then the writing.

reaper

Working Bum
I had to see what all the hype was about. Especially when people in my class wouldn't stop talking about it. I watched an episode, the first ten minutes I just laughed and laughed and laughed. Then after like the 50th time of a) all women in ems are wh#res and b) all emt's are stupid and paramedics know it all.. I got frustrated and turned it off. I can see why it got canceled, the acting was worse then the writing.

I think those are the realistic views they show!;):p

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Tomorrow they are filming a SWAT and bank robbery scene in Oakland. There are public announcements for people not to call the police if they see these idiots running around with guns. This episode will be called "Tunnel Vision". For playing with guns in Oakland, that seems to be an appropriate title. Considering the reputation of Oakland, this season could end sooner if certain members of the community don't get the memo.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Hahaha... I hope that they have someone on set with real guns and real ammo.

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
Considering the reputation of Oakland, this season could end sooner if certain members of the community don't get the memo.

hahaha, i could see this going horribly wrong

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
hahaha, i could see this going horribly wrong

all you gotta say is "Raiderrrssss" and wear an oversized black hoodie :ph34r:... you'll be OK then!

claytondirk

Forum Probie
Originally Posted by guardian528 View Post
was the helicopter pilot chick starting iv's?

in some states emt-b can start ivs under the supervision of a medic or if the medical director has given them permission to do so. so technically it not out of there scope.

and does anybody ever remember watching a show called rescue 911 thats was pretty much like a cops for medics .

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
Originally Posted by guardian528 View Post

and does anybody ever remember watching a show called rescue 911 thats was pretty much like a cops for medics .

That was my favorite show when I was like 5. Cops was my 2nd favorite. I knew the theme song by heart. I was a strange kid!

JPINFV

Gadfly

Tuesdays, 8 pm if I recall correctly.

...and yes, the opening scene of the title credits with the police search using the helicopter spotlight is forever etched into my memory.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief

William Shatner's second greatest show.
I think we all know what number one was...
kirk1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
dude i used to love rescue 911, i watched that show all the time

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
Personally, I love Trauma. Its really the only show I watch on TV. I got really drained of the crime shows and what not. Atleast Trauma gives me some kind of interest because I know thats what I'll be doing in the future. In the mean time though, my friend whos an EMT was giving me a ton of crap because of watching it. But hey, its TV...suspend your disbeleif.

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
Personally, I love Trauma. Its really the only show I watch on TV. I got really drained of the crime shows and what not. Atleast Trauma gives me some kind of interest because I know thats what I'll be doing in the future. In the mean time though, my friend whos an EMT was giving me a ton of crap because of watching it. But hey, its TV...suspend your disbeleif.

Don't expect to do anything you see on that show. Well you could but you will be fired.

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
Don't expect to do anything you see on that show. Well you could but you will be fired.

Yeah I know haha. You can kinda tell that its just not real.