New forum for spouses/families?

Medic's Wife

Forum Crew Member
I asked this in another thread, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself. I know I'm just a newbie, but I thought it would be nice if there was a forum for the spouses and family members of EMS personel. EMS is definitely a lifestyle that affects the entire family, and those that work such stressful and tiring jobs definitely need the support of their families to get them through the rough times. I'm guessing that those who support their EMS family member could, every once in a while, use some support themselves- and perhaps a forum could be just the place for that. Just a thought....thanks for listening! :)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
That is a neat idea.

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
Iinteresting...I know that I personally don't want my family that involved with my life as an EMT, but for other families, a support subforum could be a great idea. I'm all for it.

Medic's Wife: Try PM'ing ffemt8978 about this.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Actually, this is being discussed among the Community Leaders right now. We would like to hear your input on this subject before we make our decision.

OP
OP
Medic's Wife

Medic's Wife

Forum Crew Member
We would like to hear your input on this subject before we make our decision.

I'm sorry, I don't want to be presumptuous, was that directed at me?

If so, here are some of my thoughts. I've been a member/administrator of message boards in the past (although it was always centered around pregnancy or parenting). I have personally seen the support of an online community pull some people through some very hard times. It is a place where people can feel safe to vent their frustrations, ask for and lend support and ideas among people who share some of the same situations. I've seen online communities come together and support their members who are going through hard times, and I'm convinced it can be a very powerful and benificial thing.

Of course on the lighter side of things, it's always fun to be around others where you can cut loose, tell jokes, relate funny stories, and just make friendly chit chat. While I won't begin to compare the stress related to being married to anyone in EMS to that of actually being in EMS, it can at times be stressful for us. We worry about you, we know you don't eat right, we have to wash wierd bodily fluids out of your uniforms, and put up with you sleeping through birthday parties because you got no sleep on your shift the night before.....lol

Like I said in my other thread, I would happily help out with this forum in any way I can. I know sometimes there are requirements that need to be met before anyone can host a forum, and that's cool. There are wierdos out there and you need to be sure I'm not one of them ;)

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I guess it seems like a good idea.... I can't see any real reason why NOT to have one.

medman123

Forum Lieutenant
I was just wondering how many "spouses and family members of EMS personel" are there on this site to use it. I mean I am fine if it is there but, I dont think it will be that active.;)