Need urgent answers - Failed Protocols Exam!

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

JPINFV

Gadfly
SAD= schizoaffective disorder, which is schizophrenia combined with depression or bipolar disorder (BP). ...and yes, I've been in non-EMS situations where those were used in that maner. Similarly, "PCR" has multiple uses.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
SAD= schizoaffective disorder, which is schizophrenia combined with depression or bipolar disorder (BP). ...and yes, I've been in non-EMS situations where those were used in that maner. Similarly, "PCR" has multiple uses.

Good example, I was trying to figure out something related to blood pressure

emtevan

Forum Ride Along
emt brandan,ive been at fallon for a long time and been an emt there for almost 4 yrs.any questions let me know.Also,as a basic ive helped and saved people and at fallon ive delivered a baby in the ambulance with my partner 2 months ago,have done diabetic emergencies,epi pen,cardiac arrests,OD,cva's,mva's.Massachusetts basics can do enough stuff to help pts till they get to the ER.Dont use abbreviations just write everything out they like it better tht way and so doesnt the ER's we go to.

msaver

Forum Ride Along
Nitro is used for ACS "chest pain". Not for hypertension. Can only be used at the BLS level if it is the patients own nitro (it won't be carried on a BLS rig).

For allergic reactions the patient will be tachycardic.

The part about the NITRO is not necessarily true. Where I am from we carry nitro in our stat box and we can administer with permission from med control

18G

Paramedic
I know I'm late to the party.... But: What?!

Why the ?! An epinephrine drip is considered equivalent to pacing for brady rhythms in adults and epinephrine is used for brady rhythms in pediatric patients, not atropine in peds.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Why the ?! An epinephrine drip is considered equivalent to pacing for brady rhythms in adults and epinephrine is used for brady rhythms in pediatric patients, not atropine in peds.

The OP was speaking from a basic's perspective in Massachusetts. Hopefully he is not giving an EpiPen for a patient who is only bradycardic, that would be wrong.