Ncti

Status
Not open for further replies.

emstim84

Forum Ride Along
I don't know whether to laugh hysterically out loud or cry at this post.

This appears to be one of those cheerleading situations where they build you up so one does not know what they haven't been taught.

The home med list: translated - a substitution for a real pharmacology education.

At a California CC, the $8750 would cover an A.S. degree as well as the additional certs. What's the tuition now? $22/credit hours for approximately 70 credits total in the degree.

Interesting. Thank you for reminding me why I stopped viewing emtlife.com awhile ago...I forgot about the personal attacks which the forum claims is against the rules yet seems to be quite prevalent. What I find hilarious is your claim without any supporting evidence to back up your accusation. So you mean to tell me that I'm just a sniveling cheerleader for cert classes because I think the mindset that an educational class teaches is just as important as the education itself? So then do you seem to know it all and can therefore pass judgment of whether education is useless or not? Perhaps I should be more like you seem to be and just stop learning? I'm sure my patient care wouldn't be compromised as a result of adopting such a toxic attitude as yours...right? So because we don't learn everything about home medications, it therefore is not real education? You don't seem to have been educated that well yourself if you think that.

As far as the A.S. degree goes, who cares about California CC paramedic programs? I took my EMT-B at a California CC and the education was atrocious. Maybe you like saving a few grand at the expense of your patient's lives but I don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Interesting. Thank you for reminding me why I stopped viewing emtlife.com awhile ago...I forgot about the personal attacks which the forum claims is against the rules yet seems to be quite prevalent.

Personal attack?

What I find hilarious is your claim without any supporting evidence to back up your accusation.

What part is lacking in supporting evidence? Look up the college tuition in California. Look up the total number of hours and break down for NCTI.

So you mean to tell me that I'm just a sniveling cheerleader for cert classes because I think the mindset that an educational class teaches is just as important as the education itself? So then do you seem to know it all and can therefore pass judgment of whether education is useless or not? Perhaps I should be more like you seem to be and just stop learning?
Who called you a cheerleader?

The teaching style is based on a similar philosophy found in cheerleading.

Before you can stop learning, one must have started the educational process.

I'm sure my patient care wouldn't be compromised as a result of adopting such a toxic attitude as yours...right? So because we don't learn everything about home medications, it therefore is not real education? You don't seem to have been educated that well yourself if you think that.
Toxic attitude for supporting education instead of just "training"? You memorized a list of meds. Call it for what it is.

As far as the A.S. degree goes, who cares about California CC paramedic programs? I took my EMT-B at a California CC and the education was atrocious. Maybe you like saving a few grand at the expense of your patient's lives but I don't.

The EMT-B cert itself is atrocious. It barely teaches an introduction to EMS.

I support a solid education. Your description and attitude explains the type of program NCTI offers and your position on education.

Last edited by a moderator:

emstim84

Forum Ride Along
What part is lacking in supporting evidence? Look up the college tuition in California. Look up the total number of hours and break down for NCTI.

The teaching style is based on a similar philosophy found in cheerleading.

I was referring to your claim that the cert classes such as AMLS employ a cheerleader philosophy which suggests they don't offer sufficient education in what they are certifying. Anyone can look up the tuition of CCs so I don't see why you would need to provide evidence for that anyway. However, I think it's currently $20-26/unit depending on where you go. You make it sound as if hours of education is the only way to measure the quality of an education. Again, I question whether you ever received an adequate one yourself if you think that way.

Before you can stop learning, one must have started the educational process.

You seem to know little about it, so I'm surprised you would make such a statement. If you knew anything about education, you would realize that most arguable facts and statements must be backed by empirical evidence and/or data to support them. You have utterly failed in this regard to make your case for the uselessness of cert classes.

Toxic attitude for supporting education instead of just "training"? You memorized a list of meds. Call it for what it is.

I would rhetorically ask you what else someone needs to memorize for home medications that a patient could be possibly taking, since even as simple a fact as a medication being an anticoagulant or an ACE inhibitor tells someone a lot who knows about how those function, but your answer would probably be pointless and a waste of my time.

The EMT-B cert itself is atrocious. It barely teaches an introduction to EMS.

I support a solid education. Your description and attitude explains the type of program NCTI offers and your position on education.

You apparently didn't read my post too closely. The education I received at a California CC for my EMT-B class was atrocious. The problem with California CCs, since they don't get a lot of help from the state, is that they usually cannot even afford to have a reasonable amount of equipment...to say nothing of the condition it's in or whether it even works anymore. The amount of instructors also plays a big role. I've talked to other people who have taken their EMT-B at a CCC and they all say pretty much the same thing...equipment is falling apart and you have one lab instructor for every 20-30 students. If that's your idea of quality education, well, judging by your last couple responses I guess I'm not surprised. However, since you seem interested in just making inflammatory remarks without any evidence to back them up, I'm not going to bother to reply to any further posts from you. Take a few classes in communications or english composition so you can understand what other people are saying; might help you out a lot.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
This thread has reached its end. You're welcome to communicate via PM if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.