NBC this fall

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
Hey, it works for us firemens! (Not that we're anything approaching normal...:p)

That is true, I mean how many of us run into a burning building for fun and a cool story? HAHAHA This show is going to be awesome, I cant wait to learn from trauma!!! LOL!!

OP
OP
W

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
That is true, I mean how many of us run into a burning building for fun and a cool story? HAHAHA This show is going to be awesome, I cant wait to learn from trauma!!! LOL!!
Yeah man! I'm gonna watch this show and make SOOOOO many recommendations on how to change our protocols...!

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
The only things I watch on NBC are: Heroes, Chuck and Conan. Beyond that.. don't care that much. ^_^

DawnParr

Forum Crew Member
Lol. i don't even have NBC or any local channels... i know pretty sad.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I hear heros is pretty realistic.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Yay "Chuck"!

Jumped THAT shark last season.

The old chestnut about running to/running away was used for firemen when they were called firemen.
And while it is true most people spend their lives avoiding tense situations, Repo Man spends his life getting INto tense situations.
At least according to Dusty on "Twister".
And now...."Grey's Anatomy" in Space..."Defying Gravity". (Yeah, they actually SAID that).

firedog3700

Forum Probie
Favorite EMS line

There was a show on NBC about police, fire, and EMS (can't remember the name). There was a scene with a crew rolling in a patient, apparently in full arrest, riding the stretch doing compressions, calling out info, "60 palp."

That's some good CPR!:rolleyes:

OP
OP
W

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
There was a show on NBC about police, fire, and EMS (can't remember the name). There was a scene with a crew rolling in a patient, apparently in full arrest, riding the stretch doing compressions, calling out info, "60 palp."

That's some good CPR!:rolleyes:
well duh! He had to palp it. You think it's hard trying to get a BP when in the back of a noisy truck? Try getting it when you're thumping on the guy's chest! And I bet the 60 was partially due to him sitting on the guy's chest. It's just like a phamaceutical vasoconstrictor that works instantly right?

Another preview: Veronica, the "caring nurse" salk into a room and pulls the plug on a patient and asks who wants to go for a beer...

This is really getting to be a paridoxical show!

Sasha

Forum Chief
And now...."Grey's Anatomy" in Space..."Defying Gravity". (Yeah, they actually SAID that).

Everytime I see that title I think of Wicked.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I just saw an commercial for Mercy, and I actually have to admit not only was it semi realistic, I actually laughed.

I can't find the youtube, but the scene is 2 nurses talking while Nurse A is administering morphine, and Nurse B is watching. The pt suddenly goes unresponsive, and Nurse B shakes him and asks how much morphine Nurse A gave. She replies "100mg". The Nurse B tells the Nurse A to bag him, runs, gets the narcan, slams it, and the pt sits up and pukes all over the Nurse A, who gave him the OD.

It all happened rather quick, and I'm not sure one preload of Narcan would help with that much Morphine, but they got the puking bit right at least.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
It is not safe to be in San Francisco. This show just seems desparate and is using the big adrenaline scenes to make up for the weaknesses in the writing and acting.

OP
OP
W

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I just saw an commercial for Mercy, and I actually have to admit not only was it semi realistic, I actually laughed.

I can't find the youtube, but the scene is 2 nurses talking while Nurse A is administering morphine, and Nurse B is watching. The pt suddenly goes unresponsive, and Nurse B shakes him and asks how much morphine Nurse A gave. She replies "100mg". The Nurse B tells the Nurse A to bag him, runs, gets the narcan, slams it, and the pt sits up and pukes all over the Nurse A, who gave him the OD.

It all happened rather quick, and I'm not sure one preload of Narcan would help with that much Morphine, but they got the puking bit right at least.
What is a normal dose for morphine?

And yeah, the line was something like "Are you trying to put out a T-REX!!!???"

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
What is a normal dose for morphine?

And yeah, the line was something like "Are you trying to put out a T-REX!!!???"

I once heard of a paliative care pt who received over 1000mg of IV morphine a day, amongst other things. Those cancer kids get all the luxuries.:ph34r:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
There are cancer pts on oral morphine who are on 100+mgs a day, there are always going to be exceptions to the standard dosing regime. However, 100mg, IV, over 30 seconds is just a tad excessive.