My White Cloud

BBFDMedic28

Forum Crew Member
Recently i was selected to take part in a rider program put on by our local aeromedical transport system. They are the air transport system for alot of south Texas. They run something along the lines of 3000 "Missions" per year.
Well after getting all excited about the great posibility of seeing some good medical calls or possibly a bad trauma, i reported for my ride out. I then proceded to sit at their station for 15 hrs (because that how long the rules say you can be there) and got one hospital to hospital transfer. I then got a little upset, then came to the conclusion that my white cloud blows. This always happens. I am a carrer firefighter and we dont get any calls when i am on at my department either. Having a white cloud really sucks!

Buzz

Forum Captain
I wish I had a white cloud...

Even on third-rides, I was a total :censored::censored::censored::censored:-magnet.

TexasMedic

Forum Crew Member
I agree, have a white cloud is a major bummer, where ever I've worked I seem to never get anything major let alone exciting. It seems that I have to work extra hard sometimes to keep up my skills and feel confident that I will be as successful in the real situations.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
QueenPrincessPresidentGoddess of the White Cloud Club here. Last shift I called dispatch and begged to be moved to the post where all the calls were coming out of. I got there. The calls moved north. Begged again to move. Got there calls moved west.

Other EMT's on my shift actually consider calling my partner and getting him to swap with them for a night so they can get a break. Average number of pts transported per truck on my shift in 12 hours is 7-9. I average 2-3.

gicts

Forum Lieutenant
I feel your pain. We needed 5 patient contacts for our EMT cert. Instructor said we'd get them easily within the 8 hour shift seeing as it is a pretty decent sized city. It took me 30 hours ;) Now we'll just see if I have that luck when I start work

tatersalad

Forum Crew Member
I understand. So far I have worked 5 shifts (60 hours). Two (2) calls total.