My first medical situation

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
im british so our treatment protocoll is different

Trust me, I know they aren't THAT radically different when it comes to an MI.

Quit BSing. You aren't a healthcare provider and just need to stop pretending to be one. You obviously have no clue at what you're talking about and haven't the slightest clue at patient care.

Heck, I'm beginning to doubt you've done a first aid course.

OP
OP
tom

tom

Forum Crew Member
we have mostly Technicians (EMT), a large number of Paramedics, and a few Emergency Doctors (doctors that ride in ambulance)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
That's cool... and you are none of the above.

OP
OP
tom

tom

Forum Crew Member
Trust me, I know they aren't THAT radically different when it comes to an MI.

Quit BSing. You aren't a healthcare provider and just need to stop pretending to be one. You obviously have no clue at what you're talking about and haven't the slightest clue at patient care.

Heck, I'm beginning to doubt you've done a first aid course.

those kind of comments are the things that make people not want to come here

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
What? Calling someone out that is pretending to be a Paramedic?

Sorry for not liking fraudulent people...

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
If you insist that we start listing evidence to suggest that you are not a paramedic I guess I'll start:

1) Inability to describe paradoxical movement/flail chest.

At the moment, a lot of the things you've been posting just seem too outrageous to be true.

Maybe somebody should post up a picture of an ECG strip and see if he can figure out what is it. It'll be like a game. Here's a simple one. :)

image.jpg

OP
OP
tom

tom

Forum Crew Member
normal heart beat and every so often an irregular beat

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Okay... good. We are getting somewhere. I decided to be a bit more specific on what I want. What the hell is that? :D How do you get one of those? :eek: Doesn't it look scary? :)

Edit: ...to be a little less vague/mysterious... What is it called?! ;) If you caught this, would you tell your friends it was an irregular beat... or what ??? If you were to teach an EMT-Basic like me about it, cause some EMT-Basic wants to be Paramedics, how would you educate them on it?

See... you have a chance. You figured out it wasn't completely normal so far. The nice thing is this is an image, and I uploaded so you can't Google it or anything like that. I suppose you could Google certain words to figure it out, but I think it being an image makes that a lot harder, and I ain't gonna give you any clues. :)

...actually to make this a bit more challenging... I'd also like you to tell me what would call this strip if that thing wasn't there? :D

Edit: As you can imagine, I like playing this game cause I am using a lot of smilies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sassafras

Forum Captain
If you insist that we start listing evidence to suggest that you are not a paramedic I guess I'll start:

1) Inability to describe paradoxical movement/flail chest.

At the moment, a lot of the things you've been posting just seem too outrageous to be true.

Maybe somebody should post up a picture of an ECG strip and see if he can figure out what is it. It'll be like a game. Here's a simple one. :)

image.jpg

How did you get my patient's ECG strip? And no I have no clue what the ayche eee double hockey sticks was wrong with the dude, but I am not a medic. I just got out of their way at that point.

OP
OP
tom

tom

Forum Crew Member
that is one of your patients ECG strip? are you sure....because getting hold of them is kind of like against a patients privacy.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Well, this I actually kind of took off the Internet, but I got an ECG strip right next me that has one of those that I could take a picture with my phone and upload, and it wasn't a real patient. Caught it in class when we were doing ECGs on each other. :D

Edit: Bah, no need to lecture me on privacy or HIPPA. This picture alone isn't enough to get me in trouble, and it's not my picture too.

So what is it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sassafras

Forum Captain
that is one of your patients ECG strip? are you sure....because getting hold of them is kind of like against a patients privacy.

I was kidding. But it looks like what a patient was doing last night. I arrived for a schedule transport early and this man started acting like he was having a stroke as I waited on my patients and I was asked to help until 911 arrived (I was doing a solo wheelchair run so I couldn't transport this man anyway). Let me rephrase, ONE of the strips looked like that. I know 12 leads have a bunch of different readouts, however, I need to ask more questions of medics to actually understand them.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Oh, I thought he was talking to me. ;) Then I thought you were telling me you were joking, and I was gonna be like I know, but it looks like I have no clue about what's going on, haha! :D

I'll PM Sassafras on it. It's really not complicated at all. Not even the slightest bit.

Edit: Tom! What is it? Please please please! Play my game. How wrong does that sound?

OP
OP
tom

tom

Forum Crew Member
I was kidding. But it looks like what a patient was doing last night. I arrived for a schedule transport early and this man started acting like he was having a stroke as I waited on my patients and I was asked to help until 911 arrived (I was doing a solo wheelchair run so I couldn't transport this man anyway). Let me rephrase, ONE of the strips looked like that. I know 12 leads have a bunch of different readouts, however, I need to ask more questions of medics to actually understand them.

what signs did he have of having a stroke?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Tom, it is indeed irregular, but there are a bazillion different irregular heart beats. Which one is this? Like I said, you wouldn't just say "Oh, I caught an irregular beat" to a friend or co worker about it. You'd say "Oh, I caught a(n) ______".