My first code

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Wow Rid. Your post came off as really condescending.

Sorry, tired of reading post from those that have little to no experience in medicine and attempting to inform us .. "how it is and should be"....

Get some real education, accompanied by decade(s) of experience, then we can have a true debate.

R/r911

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
At any rate...first code done, press on.

Can we kill this thread now?

mervyn

Forum Ride Along
hi trish.
well i feel a little stange posting,im a lurker,from Wales UK i find it all of interest but difficult to respond to.
Well ok i have been in the Ambulance Service for 36 years the last 12 - 13 years as a Paramedic Over the years i have seen and been involved in many tragic and sad situations,many being DOA on scene,and also many that have died while i have been trying to give them aid.The first Death to the last Death has had an effect on me the extent being on the circumstances,you should feel sad when you witness a deceased body,we are only human,but it is vital you dont dwell on this to long and get back to reality quickly,its true people die,and even while we try to give aid,its not to be,some one once said,once god lays a hand on a patient its time to take yours of,to true.
While running a code,you must have no emotion but just concentrate on the situation to hand,once the code is closed,only then are you able to relax,even so be aware of the needs of any friends or relatives near,be calm and kind ,family can be a little difficult in these circumstances but rember how upset and shocked they will feel,if needs speak firmly but kindly to them.
The first time you are called to any type of situation,the first time you administer a drug,or perform a procedure is a little tense,for you,and it is good to get the first time over with [more so if it goes well ] and time and experiance will come and it will make life a little better for you. Myself,i have been very lucky,for the last ten years i worked with a great partner also a Paramedic,after any dubious call or any difficult job we would talk the call through on our way back to base,[ or as more often,on the way to the next call] and we would go over all the ifs and buts. The Humour i understand i have seen it over here,i understand the need for it,and if used with care its OK but has never been for me. I like to think i have a little more than a job,but i also know my limitations .I can only say, if you are lucky to have a good work mate,dont keep your concerns to your self, talk,it will help you both. Best to you.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Can we kill this thread now?

does any one object to this?...........okay I am pronouncing this thread dead at 11am 8/9/08.

mervyn

Forum Ride Along
Firecoins

Sir
I pluck up courage to contact the thread,and you then mark it dead.Things like this always happen to me.if i upset you with my post sorry i did not try to do so. Ah well back to lurking Mervyn

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Sir
I pluck up courage to contact the thread,and you then mark it dead.Things like this always happen to me.if i upset you with my post sorry i did not try to do so. Ah well back to lurking Mervyn

Excellent post on codes and welcome!

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
nope. threads on emtlife are extremely valuable. the family isnt ready to let them go, so we must provide all possible measures to appease the watching family even if it means endlessly flogging them while pumping them full of drugs and electrocuting them.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I am sorry but I was presented with a valid DNR.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I IM'ed Mervyn, but this one's a Nebraska.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Mervyn, Welcome!

Sir

You wrote a great post! Welcome to the tribe!! :)

OP
OP
M

MissTrishEMTB08

Forum Crew Member
Hahahahahahahaha! Kaisu, you witty thing you, thanks for the sarcasm. Really makes me feel like an idiot. Great job, gold star.

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
Hahahahahahahaha! Kaisu, you witty thing you, thanks for the sarcasm. Really makes me feel like an idiot. Great job, gold star.

lighten up Miss... it wasn't meant to make you feel bad. It's good that you have an interest in EMS. It's a great field but don't get offended when you make ignorant statements and get called out for them. We all subject ourselves to the same risks when posting. Rather than get offended, perhaps recognize that you don't know as much about codes as just about everybody else on this board and you certainly don't know as much as the doc in the ED that you critiqued. Take it as an insult if you want to stay ignorant - or look at it as people who care enough to try and educate you; your choice.

Last edited by a moderator: