Multiple state driving records

poomagnet82

Forum Ride Along
A little bit of background on me. I was in the military for 12 years and I have been working IFT for the last few months. I was recently hired for a county EMS service here in SC and they asked for a 10 year record. I only have one moving violation from 2011 on my record. I provided a 10 year history from SC which from my understanding since the new law in 2005, shows all 50 states violations if any. I was just told yesterday that I needed a dmv record from every state that I have had a license which is VA and FL. I called Florida and they said since I have not had a license there since 2005 that they don't keep records that far back. I have the Virginia record to show them but my question is has anyone else had to jump through hoops as far as driving records go? Should I just tell them that my 10 year history from SC shows any violations nation wide? My problem is that I can only show 8 years of driving history thanks to Florida.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Do you still know your FL license number?

If so, you can do it all through the website and have results sent to your email or home. They offer a 3 year, 7 year or complete driving history.

In this day and age, I always encourage individuals to fact check as much as they can ONLINE before trying to call one person and get incorrect or obsolete information. That way when you do call, you are prepared with information and can challenge them directly if needed. However, again the website makes a call and challenge unnecessary.

http://www.stateofflorida.com/Portal/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=23

Last edited by a moderator: