Moving To Georgia

reaper

Working Bum
What part? what are you?

Most of GA doesn't use EMT-B's. You must be a EMT-I or Paramedic.

OP
OP
S

sissyjo

Forum Ride Along
I am a paramedic, new one at that. Moving to the Athens area

emtwannabe

Forum Lieutenant
Try Athens Regional Hospital. In this area, if you have your medic, you can pretty much work anywhere.

Jeff

OP
OP
S

sissyjo

Forum Ride Along
Thank you for the info. I hope you are right. I will be taking a trip down there in a week to check out some services in the area.

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
Are you looking for a 911 or non 911 position, strickly EMS service, or for a Fire/EMS cross trained service. Here in the Atlanta area alone there are nearly 60 EMS services, however only a handfull are 911. Metro Atlanta (Cobb County) Puckett (SW portion of Cobb County) Rural Metro (Forsyth and Fulton Countys). National EMS (Rockdale) I believe that Jackson county is a County funded EMS service that is not affiliated with fire (not 100% sure though) The only hospital based service in Atlanta is Grady EMS and we provide 911 response for the City of Atlanta.

As for Fire/Rescue/EMS services you have several of those as well. Gwinnett County, DeKalb County, Clayton County, Douglas County, Hall County are all fire based EMS services.

I have worked in DeKalb county before as well as currently at Grady EMS, so if you have any questions, drop me a line. Like many have said, with your medic, you can just about go anywhere and negotiate your salary as we are so short on medics.