moving from ga to fla

beef84

Forum Ride Along
im taking the emt-i/85 in 2 weeks and then moving to florida.i looked on FL website and im confused does any one know if i have to take the basic wirtten and practicals or just the written?

reaper

Working Bum
If you are in GA, then you will take NREMT. FL does recognize NREMT for basics.

You should just have to get your paperwork to the state.

Nice thing with Tallahassee is it is the capitol. So state EMS office is right there.

You looking to work at LCEMS?

OP
OP
beef84

beef84

Forum Ride Along
im going to try lcems and gadsden in 3 week or so when i take the nremt on the 18th.i lived in tally for a few years till i moved back up to atlanta 2 years ago. thanks for the info>

reaper

Working Bum
Your better off with LCEMS if you can get hired. They are one of the to notch systems in the state.

Steer clear of Gadson, unless a last resort.

OP
OP
beef84

beef84

Forum Ride Along
lcems is my top choice. i would love to get on the lcems.what about wakulla county?

reaper

Working Bum
I would choose Gadson over Wakulla. There are a lot of rural counties surrounding Leon. They are smaller and less funded. But all are ALS systems. They do provide good experience.

If you plan on staying there and making a career. Shoot for LCEMS. Even if you cannot get on at first, just keep trying.

reaper

Working Bum
I have been gone for 2 years. For EMT's there was always a list. You just have to put in an application and hope for the best. The more experience you have or if you are in medic school, really pushes you to the top.

Oiball

Forum Probie
im taking the emt-i/85 in 2 weeks and then moving to florida.i looked on FL website and im confused does any one know if i have to take the basic wirtten and practicals or just the written?

Are you taking an I-85 course or test in 2 weeks? Florida only recognizes EMT-B and EMT-P. You'll have to get a statement of good standing from GA and the NREMT, then I think you can be certified in FL without additional testing.

OP
OP
beef84

beef84

Forum Ride Along
im taking the intermediate 85 course which will be done monday. i take the nremt i/85 practicals on the 18th not sure when im doing the written test yet. the florida website kind of cunfused me about taking an assessment