Movie Marathon Thread

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I managed to complete collecting the entire Bond series, and have ripped approximately 250 more movies to my collection, along with the entire series of Monty Python's Flying Circus, Tales From the Crypt, and Tales From the Darkside series.

Currently sitting at over 2TB and over 3000 titles of vids ripped and am only halfway through my DVD collection. (I rip videos to 480p to save on storage space and since I watch them on a laptop HD wasn't necessary)

Since I've been stuck in a blizzard for two days I've been watching the Grimm series while ripping vids.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Watched Amadeus the other day with my wife and daughter, hadn’t seen it in years and our oldest is currently on a classical music kick. Both hung in there for the full 3 hours.
Finally got Amadeus ripped.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Just finished watching the entire Zatoichi series of movies. Forgot how much I enjoy those subtitled Japanese movies.

Now up to over 4000 videos and 2.5TB of videos ripped.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Today's St Patrick related movie marathon will be Boondock Saints, followed by Boondock Saints 2 All Saints Day

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
RIP Lance Reddick. Today's movie marathon will be the John Wick series.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
First movie at the theater post-Covid, Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3. It was pretty damn good. Still my favorite sub-franchise of the Marvel Universe.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Just ripped the entire Longmire series from DVD and have been binge watching it since then. Pretty impressed with most of the casting choices

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Just ripped the entire Longmire series from DVD and have been binge watching it since then. Pretty impressed with most of the casting choices
Good show, not good cop technique, but overlook it and enjoy.

The books are even better.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Was watching that LA Fire & Rescue show, mostly for the fact that it’s filmed in and around areas I both covered and lived in.

They run an arrest, FFPM still intubates supine on the ground, no ETCO2, no Bougie. AMR still left the back doors to their ambulance wide open.

I mean on the plus side, they got ROSC, and seemingly protected the airway in the end.

Still, while I know lots is being sold for mere ratings and production value, it’s exactly how I remembered it when and why I left a lifetime ago. Egad.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Been on a Kathleen Turner kick lately. Been watching both Romancing the Stone Movies, War of the Roses, Crimes of Passion and Body Heat...the last one tied in nicely with the John Hurt mini marathon thst followed: Gordy Park and Lost in Space

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Been on a Kathleen Turner kick lately. Been watching both Romancing the Stone Movies, War of the Roses, Crimes of Passion and Body Heat...the last one tied in nicely with the John Hurt mini marathon thst followed: Gordy Park and Lost in Space
Don’t forget Jewel of the Nile. While not her, Teri Garr can kick off a Mr. Mom binge😬

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Was watching that LA Fire & Rescue show, mostly for the fact that it’s filmed in and around areas I both covered and lived in.

They run an arrest, FFPM still intubates supine on the ground, no ETCO2, no Bougie. AMR still left the back doors to their ambulance wide open.

I mean on the plus side, they got ROSC, and seemingly protected the airway in the end.

Still, while I know lots is being sold for mere ratings and production value, it’s exactly how I remembered it when and why I left a lifetime ago. Egad.
How do they get away without EtCO2?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
How do they get away without EtCO2?
It’s LA, they are gods among men. Kidding, no clue. It could have been edited.

Truthfully i still have trouble getting some ground providers to prime and apply the ETCO2 to the BVM. Teachable moments I suppose.

Back on the thread. Our son is between Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, and most recently LOD for his favorite wrestlers thanks to our most recent Peacock binges.

“Can we go see them, dad?…” Oh Bud, how I wish…

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Don’t forget Jewel of the Nile. While not her, Teri Garr can kick off a Mr. Mom binge😬
I consider that the second of the Romancing the Stone series. I did forget to include Undercover Blues though.

Right now I've only got two Teri Garr movies ripped that I can think of. Mr Mom and The Sting 2.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
So do I marathon all 4 John Wick movies, all 4 Matrix movies or go with my other Keanu Reeves movies: Speed, Johnny Mnemonic and Point Break?

Option 3: that way next series will be Patrick Swayze

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So in prep for the upcoming Ashoka series, I had been binge watching Rebels. Finished all 4 seasons, rewatched all the Original Trilogy (including Rogue One as well as the OG Star Wars, Empire, and Return of the Jedi) and burned through the first two seasons of The Mandalorian (since Ahsoka and Luke show up, plus Mando is just a fun show)... only to realize I have Book of Boba Fett and one last Mandalorian season (3)... and Ahsoka series doesn't premier for another almost 2 months lol

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Today's marathon of Patrick Swayze will consist of Red Dawn, Road House, and Next of Kin