Movie Marathon Thread

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Not a bad way to get stuck watching deadpool
Like I really need a reason...lol. Stumped my buddy the other day with "No, ma'am, we at the FBI don't have a sense of humor that we're aware of."

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Good ole Tommy Lee Jones :cool:

I'm looking for K, have you seen him? Sort of a surly, older gentleman, smiles like this: 😐

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'm looking for K, have you seen him? Sort of a surly, older gentleman, smiles like this: 😐
One of my favorite lines ever:
"Kay is officially retired. I'm his trigger happy replacement. Is there something I can do for you?"

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Got some time to kill over the next two days and since it's supposed to be football season the two day marathon will be: The Longest Yard (original and remake), Varsity Blues, North Dallas Forty, Necessary Roughness, and The Waterboy

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Because I felt the need to remind myself that the chivalrous always come out on top, my two words for today are: Roy Hobbs.

Plus, it is, hands down, definitely one of the best cinematic endings of my era.

CALEMT

Plus, it is, hands down, definitely one of the best cinematic endings of my era.

Not even close. Field of dreams is hands down the best cinematic ending.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Not even close. Field of dreams is hands down the best cinematic ending.
78735704-6D0C-4FEF-B072-4CB626D7641F.gif

Agree to disagree.

CALEMT

No doubt the Natural has a great ending... but Field of Dreams will always be #1 to me for this scene and this scene alone. I fear the day that I will no longer get to have catch with my dad.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Sitting here watching all three The Expendables and it's sad how easy it is to spot which actors actually served in the military by how they handle their weapons.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Going with some more Jason Statham today: the remake of The Mechanic, Mechanic Resurrection, and War.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I love trolling through the DVD bargin bins. Just picked up the entire Police Squad series for 9.95. Now time to rip them all before having a Police Squad marathon.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Been watching all three Predator film and both Alien vs Predator movies.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
So you've been down for 4 months with a sprained ankle? why didn't you just get Netflicks, Hulu, and HBO max, and save yourself from spending money on the DVDs?

how's the ankle doing, and when are you going back to work?

what did you think of the police squad series?

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Went back to work two days after i twisted the ankle. Big part of trucking is waiting, so I get plenty of time to watch movies.

I don't do online streaming services for several reasons:
I don't always have an internet connection where I am parked
Just because you have access to something today on a streaming service does not mean it will be available tomorrow. At least with physical DVDs I will always have access to what I purchased.

And I actually liked thr series better than I like the Naked Gun movies. Thr series seemed a lot more liberal with the sight gags.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
oh, i thought you were home and watching movies waiting for it to heal. DVDs make more sense if you are on the road a lot.

and glad you liked the series.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So many times I've looked up a movie on streaming and Netflix or Hulu don't have it, or they used to but not anymore, or its locked behind a second paywall (already pay for Hulu, but buy the Starz add on to watch!) Or they only have the sequel or whatever.

Amazon Prime will usually fill in the gaps... at 4 bucks to rent and 10 bucks to own, just like a DVD, and I still have my library of those.

Plus my own experiences being deployed to sandbox, if I wanted to have my movies, I'd better fit all my DVD into CD wallets (or at the very least spend a few hours burning them onto a TB external hard drive) which isn't really doable with streaming services.

I'm explicitly buying computers with CD drives (practically have to special order thise nowadays, even gaming rigs don't usually come with those built in as standard) and the PS5 that still has the physical disc input for those reasons (which will also double as my DVD and Blu Ray movie player)