Mount for handheld radio

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Does anyone have a good idea for a mount for my car for a handheld radio?

I've found recently that I've been in my personal truck a lot more when on shift and the issue I have is that if I'm driving, I don't want pick up the radio I have in the passenger's seat, look for the channel to make sure I'm transmitting on the right channel (it scans because we have multiple dispatchers, so I have to look to see which transmit channel it's on) and pick it up which is more than I want to do when driving.

I solved the picking it up problem by getting issued so I can clip that to my shirt, sun visor, etc and I don't have to look anywhere. But it still doesn't sovle the problem of not seeing the display.

I have an iPhone windshield mount similar to this (http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Quick-Release-Mount-iPhone-K39256US/dp/B003Y3BEV4) but the antenna won't fit between this and the windshield (it's too tall).

I was looking at maybe a vent mount or cupholder mount (so that way I only have to look at it rather than grab it and flip it around until the display faces me) but I was wondering if anyone has anything similar installed in their car and can give a recommendation? Or just any other idea to solve my problem?

Thanks!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
ProClips makes mounts for most commercial radios, as does RAM mounts.

Last edited by a moderator: