More about boots

Genesis

Forum Probie
For those of you who have had experience with both, do you prefer the full 8in our quarter boots?

Last edited by a moderator:

Icenine

Forum Crew Member
I've stepped in 1 too many muddy ditches for 1/4 boots.

8" Waterproof bates are all I wear these days.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
The only real reason I could see wearing the quarter boots is to keep cool, but if you've got some good socks you won't have a problem anyways. Go for the 8inchers.

emt_irl

Forum Captain
i prefare 8 in, more ankle support and stops mud/water getting your socks wet as you can walk into deeper puddles

bahnrokt

Forum Lieutenant
8" also offers a bit more protection walking though questionable materials at accidents or through the house of a hoarder.

Hoarders always go upstairs when they feel sick.

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
Definitley go with the 8 inch, as stated above they have tremendous support, as well as walking through mud and puddles their much better, if you go with side zip, be sure to water proof them good before you start wearing them

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Seriously though, give the doctor scholls gel insoles a try...

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Well.....I wear 10 inch boots. And I love them.

But I might not be the best person to answer questions about boots. Boots are one of my biggest weaknesses. Boots and guns. Cant ever have enough of either. :)

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Well.....I wear 10 inch boots. And I love them.

But I might not be the best person to answer questions about boots. Boots are one of my biggest weaknesses. Boots and guns. Cant ever have enough of either. :)

This.

8inches are great, but 10 are better. i used to wear a pair of Corcorans, now i roll in Rockys. Leather is a PITA to break in, but with a couple coats of Sno-Seal and some polish, once they break, they are like butter on your feet, dry as any goretex anything, and unlike goretex, you just add more mink oil and your boots are sealed again.

harryb714

Forum Crew Member
anyone else resisting the urge to throw a "thats what she said" into this conversation?

anyway I just ordered a pair of 8 inch 5.11's