Monitors

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Lifepac 12's. ACPs interpret ecgs and 12 leads in the field. However we transmit through a cell phone to the hospitals fax machine in the case of a STEMI. They trialed it in Halifax during the "WEST study" for field thrombolytics and it worked well. We are supposed to be getting an update to transmit through our wireless computer connection and do away with the cell phones.

Belgian EMT/nurse

Forum Crew Member
We use LP 12 and have an HP monitor as backup. The HP monitor doesn't has a 12 lead ECG and no defib, it just monitors:). The LP12 is such a great device to work with, you got everything in hand and it's so easy to use.

emtwacker710

Forum Captain
we currently use the Lifepack 12's they are nice (sorta) but would be better if they were calibrated a bit more often, we are currently expirimenting with the new phillips ones..anyone use those and have any comments on them?

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
LP 12's woot!

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
There may already be a thread involving this, but which kind of monitors do most use? Also which do you prefer?
We currently use a Lifepak 12, but we are testing out new Welch Allyn Pic's

We currently use Phillips Heartstart MRX with 5 leads for standard monitoring, 12 lead, ETCO2, NIBP, SPO2, pacing, and defib. It also allows 12 lead transmission via bluetooth. I like it but the NIBP is suppose to be a "new and advanced more accurate measure" and it is not even close sometimes. Also, on the way to OKC the other night, we set off the VTach alarms a total of 96 times from the condition of the roads... I have used Zoll M series and LP 5, 10, and 12s as well. I prefer the LP12 personally.

Last edited by a moderator:

BEorP

Forum Captain
Both services I work for Use the Zoll M Series Cardiac Monitor. I love it. It's the best one out there as far as I'm concerned.

I've used LP 5, LP 12, Marquette, and Phillips.

The Zoll M is just a superior machine.

Have you ever tried the Zoll E-series?

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
LP 12...i think my company is the only ones who use this.:rolleyes:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
cause no one else here has mentioned them.;)
Umm... if you read ALL the posts before posting, there are quite a few supporters of LP12's

As for my vote... my work, and the ALS support to my vollie co, and my per diem job ALL use the LP12's. I've used the Phillips MRx in the past, and I think that is a really cool monitor.

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
LP12, Bluetooth transmission for STEMI confirmation, 12lead, NIBP, SpO2, manual paddles and "stick n' shock" pads also. I like them, a little heavy, but like has already been said, everything in one place.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
Umm... if you read ALL the posts before posting, there are quite a few supporters of LP12's

As for my vote... my work, and the ALS support to my vollie co, and my per diem job ALL use the LP12's. I've used the Phillips MRx in the past, and I think that is a really cool monitor.

Non-verbal queues are hard to pick up on I guess, it was sarcasm.:rolleyes:

tydek07

Forum Captain
LifePak 12 all the way.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
single post

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant