Monitor's and Vents

bonedog

Forum Lieutenant
Any recommendations?
We currently use LP 12-15 and ancient propac's along with LTV 1000-1200.

NIBP sucks on both on our roads.

Monitor must have ET/SpO2, 12 lead, print capable, three channels invasive monitoring, pace/defib, and invasive temp.

The Vent must be able to do all things the LTV can.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Unless you are planning on upgrading to the EnVE, stick with the LTV-1200. You will not find another transport vent that equals its capabilities.

As for monitors, we use Zoll CCT's. I find them acceptable, as well as the Phillips MRX. The new Propaq MD just recently received FDA 510(k) approval and it truly is the cats meow. It comes packed with all the needed bells and whistles, is smaller, lighter, and more rugged than any other monitor out there (even the current Propaq 206). It offers a real time visual 12 lead, in addition to color coding all other measurements. It also offers 3 invasive channels instead of the usual two for those train wreck neuro patients who need ICP, arterial, and CVP monitoring. I got to play with one last year at CCTMC and have to say I was quite impressed.

OP
OP
B

bonedog

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks, have been looking 2 both the MD and the Zoll.

I am partial to the LTV but limited in exposure to much else.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
You're not missing much. There really isn't another vent out there with the complete capabilities that the LTV-1200 offers.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
The LTV 1200 will be dropped to #2 on the top dog list. The new top dog vent is the Carevision EnVe. Check out their web site. Can't copy and paste the link from this Droid software.

DixieEMS12

Forum Ride Along
We too are looking at monitors. We currently use the LP12. I've seen the LP15. Like its durabilty but haven't seen it in use. I have a Philips MRx demo on the road right now. I like the large screen, realtime 12lead view, and the capnography really is lightyrs better than the LP12. We have near an hr or longer transport times with all our pts so we're not too concerned with about the size of the monitor. Which is one of the selling points for Zole. Pricing is also a thing to consider. The new Propaq MD they mentioned is $40k. Price was quoted by the rep yesterday. Plus they said they wasn't offering it to ems because its a critical care devise with invasive monitoring ports.

Been listening to the sales resp spill on there biphasic technology. Not sure what to think on that. Zole states that there consistant delivery of current at lower energy is better than having a peak current that tapers down. Physio says that they show research that 9% of pt wasn't converted with 200j so they offer the clinician the ability to turn up to 360j for those larger pt with high resistance.

DixieEMS12

Forum Ride Along
Sorry, didn't read all the post. Didn't realize you were doing critcal care transports. With that, the Propaq MD is a good monitor. It has the realtime 12lead view and the invasive monitoring u need. Printer paper is kinda small though if u r used to physio. I recommend looking a the philips mrx.

Smash

Forum Asst. Chief
We use MRx on road ProPaq on the birds. MRx is a screaming pile of poop in my humble opinion. I don't know what it is like with invasive monitoring, we only have NIBP which is largely a random number generator. It may be a result of the settings it is programed with, but any stray breeze that blows through the window will have it alarming like the world is ending, resulting in AF (alarm fatigue)
Battery life is good though.

Asimurk

Forum Captain
The LTV 1200 will be dropped to #2 on the top dog list. The new top dog vent is the Carevision EnVe. Check out their web site. Can't copy and paste the link from this Droid software.

This the one?

http://www.carefusion.com/products-.../respiratory/ventilation/enve-ventilator.aspx

For me I can copy/paste by holding down on the url bar until a pop-up comes up. This software does seem to be a little different then other Android phones. Dunno though, only one I've ever really used. I'm assuming since you said Droid that you're running Froyo or a ROM, then.

Umm, sorry for being off topic.

DixieEMS12

Forum Ride Along
Not sure how yur service is on getting the monitors serviced and updated. I know we have an agency near by that had those same issues because they didn't get the monitors calibrated regularly. I've personally only used the demo so far but the NIBP has been mostly accurate. I have had a few pts that I couldn't get a reading on, but those pt would get a accurate reading on the LP12 either due decrease of periphial perfuse. The feedback I've gottten from agencies that have the new generation MRx have been very positive.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
My service currently uses LP12 and LTV1000 and I am very happy with our current setup. We used to use Zoll CCT monitor but IMO it was just cumbersome and we never really found a good place/decent way to secure it. Our LP12 gets secured to the siderail of the cot, LTV on the rear, and pumps pretty much in-between the pt.s legs. I have been trying to sell my service on Ferno's Aviation PacRac for years but they are $$$. As it has been said the new Propaq is supposed to be the tits.

I know of some other services that are currently running the old propaq's and having used them I have never had more issues with the NIBP then on the old propaq's. I also believe if your transporting TRUELY Critical Care patients then heading into a facility without defib capabilities is asking for trouble (old monitor). That would be like bringing a BVM for every patient. It only takes once to get stuck in a elevator with a pt. and being un-prepared to make you wish you had brought the entire toolbox.

As far as the LP12 only have two invasive pressure ports, I have yet to run into a pt. that I was really concerned about running three lines on. Would it be nice, sure, but If I had to pick ICP, ART, CVP, the CVP line is gonna be the first to go.

I have heard really good things about the Drager vents too although I have never messed with them. Having the ability to do plat pressures is nice.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief

See my first comment............... :)

"Unless you are planning on upgrading to the EnVE"

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
I have heard really good things about the Drager vents too although I have never messed with them. Having the ability to do plat pressures is nice.

The Drager's are nothing special. Just another transport vent in a sea of mediocrity, lol.

Plateau pressures are nice and all, but many vent manufacturers advertise plat pressure capability, but cannot truly produce it. One example is the Univent 754. If you have a pressure controlled vent, then you are already monitoring plats (typically) as it is your preset pressure limit. In volume control, I really do not see a major need to monitor them as you can effectively monitor overall airway pressure through your displayed PIPs. If I really have a hankering to check a plat pressure, then i'll just add a half to one second inspiratory hold and view it that way. Either way, the LTV series does all of this and more. If you're going to shell out 10-12k on a vent, get the best one out there.

If you have a spare $18,275, then get the EnVe.

OP
OP
B

bonedog

Forum Lieutenant
Good stuff, thanks.

Peak Plateau pressures are a great tool, I use them often. Can compare them to PIP to find where the obstruction is.

NIBP on LP and Propaq both suck IMHO. We use both ground, fixed and rotary.
In the air I don't notice the problem's with BP.