Mom Given Ticket for Reviving Son

silver

Forum Asst. Chief

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
She SAYS he was gasping for breath. Not proven. Therefore, I take her word at face value, just as anyone should.

I don't see any mention of a call to 911.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
She SAYS he was gasping for breath. Not proven. Therefore, I take her word at face value, just as anyone should.

still would you ticket someone that was trying to help their child even if it was an emergency or not?
I would just tell her to skedaddle, or call an ambulance.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly

I see mention of hospice, which makes me wonder what conditions and devices the child has in addition to any home care education that the mother has.

Plausible situation:
Child needs some sort of suctioning.

Suctioning is common for the child with what ever his disease is.

Mother trained to suction and carries portable suction equipment with her.

Mother suctions child, child recovers, child no longer needs emergency treatment hence no call to 999

Parking officer tickets car as mother is putting away suction equipment.

And that's how we have a plausible situation where an emergency is resolved without the use of emergency situations.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Oh yes, totally plausible.

But so is a new paper trying to sell a story using only 4 paragraphs, that doesn't give a full accounting of the situation or why the ticket was written / not revoked.

Sorry, but until they decide to make the story longer then the ingredients list on a tootsie roll wrapper, I don't hold it to any value.

There is more to the story that the news paper is refusing to post. Shocker.

Plus that damn writer uses WAY too many commas. =)

MRE

Forum Captain
But so is a new paper trying to sell a story using only 4 paragraphs, that doesn't give a full accounting of the situation or why the ticket was written / not revoked.

On the topic of the newspaper trying to sell a story; notice that the headline was "given ticket for reviving son" and not "given ticket while reviving son".

I was thinking there was some sort of DNR violation or something like that before I read the story.