Middle of nowhere....

94accord

Forum Crew Member
So I was on a ride-along a few years back. We get this call to the middle of nowhere. NO contact on the radios, no contact with cellphones. Wow.. NOW I am in BFE! Well we get the call for a 91f that fell out of a wheelchair. We arrive on scene to find the woman in bed in the what is ALWAYAS a 120 degree house. While the two techs were working the patient up, I was asked to go abck and get another bag. On my way out, I was talking to the husband who was about 87 or so. I asked him, "Sir, can you tell me what happened?" "Well my wife was out in the garden in her power wheelchair movin about and got stuck in the mud. So I backed up my truck, chained her to it and pulled her out..... she was doing great till she hit the edge of the driveway... then she just tipped right over (makaing the tipping motion with his hands)." he said. Trying to keep a straight face, I ask him, " Sir why did you chain your wife the the back of your truck?" His response.... " I could not get either of my tractors to start." I just about lost it after that... I was practicly useless.

Oh well.. hope you enjoyed as much as I still enjoy telling that one.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Bless their hearts!!! I think that's a great story! :p

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I worked with quite a few nurses from the south and it was great because we could have patients crazier then a bunch of bed bugs on a full moon, the patients would be so dam mean, nasty and anything else you would want to say;:censored: :censored: :censored: and the these nurses would say "you can say anything you want, but always end it with "bless their heart", then you don't go to hell! I so love the souls from the south!! ^_^

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Nice!!! That is great!!!!!

sarahharter

Forum Crew Member
sounds like something that would happen in my area! i live in EBF PA and that sorta stuff always seems to happen especially around the high farming areas. ohh wait that is like the whole area. :p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
sounds like something that would happen in my area! i live in EBF PA and that sorta stuff always seems to happen especially around the high farming areas. ohh wait that is like the whole area. :p
Welcome back, Sarah!

TheDoll

Forum Captain
I worked with quite a few nurses from the south and it was great because we could have patients crazier then a bunch of bed bugs on a full moon, the patients would be so dam mean, nasty and anything else you would want to say;:censored: :censored: :censored: and the these nurses would say "you can say anything you want, but always end it with "bless their heart", then you don't go to hell! I so love the souls from the south!! ^_^
i love anything that keeps me outta hell!:D i say "bless your/his/her heart" all of the time! then again, i've done a lotta things that have probably sealed my fate in the fire. hell, right now i'm having what i call a salvation cocktail!
<---not a bible thumper, but full of catholic guilt:rolleyes: