Michigan: Where are we hiring

Lone Star

Forum Crew Member
Which service is it that still makes you wear ties and has all their cots welded in the 'down position'?

I remember seeing that when I was in Detroit.

Another hospital that I found to have a good reputation is Riverview. The staff there was friendly, and the docs were always eager to talk to you and teach you something.

If Dr. Mike Woods is there, it's an added bonus!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Which service is it that still makes you wear ties and has all their cots welded in the 'down position'?

Another hospital that I found to have a good reputation is Riverview. The staff there was friendly, and the docs were always eager to talk to you and teach you something.

You're most likely talking about American Ambulance in Detroit. Their cots aren't welded in the down position, it's just that they use the really old style two-man cots that don't raise. You wheel a patient to the back of the ambulance, one person gets on each side, and then you lift. Only in Detroit.

Hoofguy

Forum Crew Member
Healthlink, part of Oakwood hospital is a decent company. Emergencymedstat in flint I believe is hiring and they will let you pull crazy long shifts from what I understand. Like the above poster said HVA isn't hiring and medic only part time. If you want 911 it's far and few between for emt-b

Hoofguy

Forum Crew Member
You're most likely talking about American Ambulance in Detroit. Their cots aren't welded in the down position, it's just that they use the really old style two-man cots that don't raise. You wheel a patient to the back of the ambulance, one person gets on each side, and then you lift. Only in Detroit.

Yeah that's American ambulance alright. They are a trip to see walking in with those stretchers, honestly they look like the meatwagon. They have a constant ad in the paper for employment, I'm sure it's min wage

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief

Riverview no longer exists and AA finally got to graduate to the big boy cots!
Superior also has to wear clip on ties <_<

Lone Star

Forum Crew Member
Healthlink, part of Oakwood hospital is a decent company. Emergencymedstat in flint I believe is hiring and they will let you pull crazy long shifts from what I understand. Like the above poster said HVA isn't hiring and medic only part time. If you want 911 it's far and few between for emt-b

Remember what I said about Community EMS?

Guess what? Health Link is a collaboration between.....wait for it.....

*drum roll for effect*

Community EMS and Oakwood Hospital!

There is also a Health Link and Community Ambulance in Ohio....same company.....

ZVNEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah that's American ambulance alright. They are a trip to see walking in with those stretchers, honestly they look like the meatwagon. They have a constant ad in the paper for employment, I'm sure it's min wage

american pays 10/hr... they'll taunt you with a $2 er call bonus after your "probation" is up.. and then no longer provide the bonus... deduct 5 hours pay from 24 hr shift (not including the 1/2 hr deduction for each meal) which in reality are 34 hr shifts. you never know how many hours in a day you will work... might be from 9am-7pm... might be 9-5... occasionally they will have you drive in and tell you that you're not needed, and no they don't care that you drove an hour in traffic to get there... me personally i rolled my explorer on the freeway and fractured my thumb and was expected to show up for the next mornings shift on time.... they own several stryker stretchers... but go out of the way to install the sleds.... 1 crew will be the :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: crew first thing in the morning while the other crews hang out at the station and watch movies until 14:00. no benefits whatsoever. you're expected to mow their lawn and wash their private vehicles, as well as clean up the :censored::censored::censored::censored: they buy at estate auctions.... you know what... monday i'll take some pictures around the station and post em here.... *sorry for the long rant... i get very passionate about hating my current place of employment*

Micro_87

Forum Crew Member
i have friends that work or have worked for almost (<-- Main word) every private ems company in the greater metro detroit and i can honestly tell you no company is looking for basics now go apply for an ER Tech probably your best bet now. GL in the search

surname_levi

Forum Crew Member
i have friends that work or have worked for almost (<-- Main word) every private ems company in the greater metro detroit and i can honestly tell you no company is looking for basics now go apply for an ER Tech probably your best bet now. GL in the search

even that may be hard to get right now with only a BLS cert. im sure there are people having to take jobs as an ED tech when they have education to get a higher position.

what i've been reading. IF Michigan pulls out of this economy hit, it may be about 2 years later than when the rest of the country gets under control (that has been the history that has happened previously to MI). but that was because the of the auto industry to get strong again. but now im not sure if the auto industry picks up, that it is going to be out of Detroit. i still read bits of the Detroit Free Press and whatnot, and it seems they are trying to find other ways to bring in money to the state.

Jody

Forum Ride Along
Emt-b

Hi everyone I'm also from Michigan ! I have worked in the Veterinary Field for the last ten years and two days ago was laid off. I have been contemplating whether to go to school for EMT-B because I have always wanted to work in the human medical field, Preferable in E.R. atmosphere. But if they job outlook is that bad what would your suggestion be?

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi everyone I'm also from Michigan ! I have worked in the Veterinary Field for the last ten years and two days ago was laid off. I have been contemplating whether to go to school for EMT-B because I have always wanted to work in the human medical field, Preferable in E.R. atmosphere. But if they job outlook is that bad what would your suggestion be?

Nursing.

jason32404

Forum Ride Along
EMT B JOB

a buddy of mine was hired by harbor light, its a salvation army ran drug rehab center in Macomb, anyway they start basics at 10 an hour he gets all the hours he wants, but has no life. He told me they are hiring