MEMS (Metro EMS of Little Rock, Ar)

Nelg

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys,

Just curious about this company. I'm really considering looking at moving back to Arkansas (cost of living alone is driving me nuts out in the Sacramento, California area) and was wondering if anyone here had any information about them. I was aware of them but I grew up about 2 hours north east of the area.

Thanks, folks!

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey guys,

Just curious about this company. I'm really considering looking at moving back to Arkansas (cost of living alone is driving me nuts out in the Sacramento, California area) and was wondering if anyone here had any information about them. I was aware of them but I grew up about 2 hours north east of the area.

Thanks, folks!

What questions do you have?

OP
OP
Nelg

Nelg

Forum Crew Member
Just more the hiring process, really. I still have my Arkansas EMT current, though I let my NREMT lapse. Was also curious if it was a good company to work for, if you staft out part time till after probation or full time, etc. All I can think of at the moment

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
I think they want you to have national registry. You start out full time after class time and then FTO time. They do a lot of things right and there are a lot of good people there. They're also the best paying service in the state, along with life net in hot springs.

When you submit your application, they'll call you to set up an interview when they're hiring. You will interview with HR, then the operations manager, then the director, then do a test for emt, a map test, and a scenario (last I heard.) if you pass this you will have to have a physical, blood test, urinalysis, and lift test at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:

Streetmedic7

Forum Ride Along
If you've been in the military, you might be satisfied there. But the management is shady. Don't get me wrong, they won't throw you to the wolves without a reason. They just don't need a "good" reason.

On the other hand I know good people that've been there 10+ years and successfully ignore the political bs. I know that's everywhere in EMS, but it's *really*bad there. Pay's ok, I'd say above average. Equipment is dang nice, always at least 90% of it working.

They will require your national, though.