Medlife Ambulance is a great company to work for!

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I would say its not a horrible place to work for. I've talked to alot of other EMTs here they all have different feelings about the company. Some don't like management and complain and there are some people who don't care as long as they get paid on time. So far I haven't had any complaints about the management or the other EMTs but then again it can change since i've only been working there for a about month. Also I haven't heard anything about the 911 rumors that he is speaking of either so I can't deny or confirm if its true or not.

Do you have Medics on staff?

FourLoko

Forum Lieutenant
911 in Canoga Park, makes no sense, tis a small place

and you're 19? have you had any other jobs?

Thanks for the info JENNI, I'm wondering if anyone in Los Angeles has heard of this company, I haven't seen them around. It also looks like OP has gone mia.....

VCFD

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for the info JENNI, I'm wondering if anyone in Los Angeles has heard of this company, I haven't seen them around. It also looks like OP has gone mia.....

Yes, I've heard of this company - One of my co-workers was fired from there due to his poor attendance record. He says it was a good company to work for (He'd been there for several months), but as all IFT companies have, there were the downsides of it.

Medlife is a strictly IFT company, and according to my co worker, they don't have the capability to run 911 calls.

Level1pedstech

Forum Captain
Canoga Park? Would that if its true mean as back up for LA city or did the city incorporate in the years I have been out of the area?

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Canoga Park? Would that if its true mean as back up for LA city or did the city incorporate in the years I have been out of the area?

It's very likely bs post. I haven't seen any RFP for city of la for that area. Canoga Park in it self is very small area and haven't incorporated.

Chan

Forum Crew Member
Accepted a position for their OC crew. I thought it was odd they didn't administer any tests other than a drug test. But its still a job.

Chan

Forum Crew Member
Not sure. They told me to call them after I get my DOT. Which I hate the city for.

MRSA

Forum Crew Member
Well I heard Medlife is going to run 911 in Canoga Park so I'm going to stay positive so they will like me enough to run those calls for them.

Wait, really? I've been working there for over a year now and have NEVER once heard that :\

Yeah we did get some new ambulances but we don't even have enough jump bags for everyone so I kinda doubt it.

For what it's worth I've been here for awhile and I've heard all kinds of stories about other companies. I feel this company is better than most in a few ways and kinda crappy in a few others; but they're making improvements. I haven't even seen anyone ride in those beautiful new rigs we have now.

MedlifeEMT

Forum Ride Along
Medlife will not run 911 in the near future. They need to get their LA county certs first and have that for a couple years before they can even try... But as far as an LA county ift company goes... they are okay. Deff. not the best lol.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Medlife will not run 911 in the near future. They need to get their LA county certs first and have that for a couple years before they can even try... But as far as an LA county ift company goes... they are okay. Deff. not the best lol.

Why do they need to get la count cert to run 911 in city of la for example or surrounding city? While it now became mandatory that existing ambulance company apply for LA County if they are not already certified, that have nothing to do with 911 contract(s).

FourLoko

Forum Lieutenant
all I know about them is that they have a bunch of new rigs so somebody's got the dollar bills

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
Why do they need to get la count cert to run 911 in city of la for example or surrounding city? While it now became mandatory that existing ambulance company apply for LA County if they are not already certified, that have nothing to do with 911 contract(s).

You answered your own question. 911 contracts require all the required county and city certs to be provided before they can bid. On top of that, they prefer previous 911 experience before they award a bid

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
You answered your own question. 911 contracts require all the required county and city certs to be provided before they can bid. On top of that, they prefer previous 911 experience before they award a bid

You misunderstood me. Every ambulance company that wasn't licensed in the county had to apply. However they can still operate in the county while their application is pending. Nothing stops city from giving the contract. Yes cities do prefer prior 911 experience but look at Americare, they got one without having any.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
You misunderstood me. Every ambulance company that wasn't licensed in the county had to apply. However they can still operate in the county while their application is pending. Nothing stops city from giving the contract. Yes cities do prefer prior 911 experience but look at Americare, they got one without having any.

You mean Santa Monica? Americare has had the 911 contract in Villa Park for years.