Medics

Richardcano34

Forum Ride Along
I haven't passed my emt exam yet would it be a good idea to take P1 to kind refresh my emt course? I've heard that it is similar to the emt course I took any input on this?

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
What is P1?

You can't go to paramedic school without being an EMT.

OP
OP
Richardcano34

Richardcano34

Forum Ride Along
You can only do paramedics 1 without your emt cert

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
That's apparently a regional thing. We don't even have a "P1" here.*

You haven't passed it as in haven't taken it or have failed it? If you've already failed once or twice, then certainly just focus on EMT.

*Assuming P1 is the first portion of paramedic school.

OP
OP
Richardcano34

Richardcano34

Forum Ride Along
It goes p1-p4 here at broward college and p1 from what I hear is just a refresher of emt. I completed the emt course just attempting to pass my nremt. But I wouldn't mind knocking two birds out with one stone if I can help myself by taking paramedics one and getting more of the terminology and what not plus it will be one less medics class I have to do..

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I wouldn't attempt paramedic school until you have passed EMT.

It's like trying to get in medical school, when you couldn't pass biology. It's silly.

The reason they probably have the "you can take P1 with out national registry EMT" is to help with the people who are going straight from EMT to Medic, have taken national registry, and are pending results. I don't think it's designed for people to are needing assistance to pass EMT.

ego

Forum Crew Member
Pass the EMT first. If your having trouble use one of the applications.