Medical school for NREMT-P Recert.

Fox800

Forum Captain
Does anyone know about the possibility of using medical school coursework towards NREMT-P recertification? I'm a first-year medical student and NREMT-P. I can't seem to find any information out there. I figured it would at least count for something.

Thanks!

medicsb

Forum Asst. Chief
Does anyone know about the possibility of using medical school coursework towards NREMT-P recertification? I'm a first-year medical student and NREMT-P. I can't seem to find any information out there. I figured it would at least count for something.

Thanks!

I think some of it can, but I just challenged the exam for my recert. I thought I failed, but didn't (so many poorly worded questions; made me long for the USMLE mind-melting questions).

Veneficus

Forum Chief

Thanks!

yes, I used it twice.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Do you have any information on how many hours they allowed you to claim, things like that?

i claimed all that i needed to recert. but i am also a medic instructor, so i claimed some of those hours too.

One of the things I did was get the school to give me a breakdown on hours in the topics on the form.

I filled out the form and sent it in with the paperwork the school wrote up. Never had any problems.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I would hope medical school would count for CEUs to recert your NREMT-P...I know you can apply college coursework in appropriate subjects for CEUs. I'd call the NREMT and see what they can do to point you in the right direction.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
It wasn't med school but I was able to use university classes my last recert.