Medic-1 Ambulance

SGV EMT

Forum Probie
I've been an EMT-B in LACo for 4 years, spent 3 working for McCormick and Schaefer doing 911 and got some good experience, but decided to go back and finish school and part-time employment was hard to come by so I quit and got a job as a police cadet and took a pretty substantial pay cut in the process. I've decided that I want to get back into the field part-time so I'm looking for a "part-time friendly" company to work for. I know IFT companies are the only ones that offer part-time employment right off the bat and also know that 99% of them are pretty shady so does anyone know anything about Medic-1 or any other IFT company in LA thats got a good rep? They seem pretty legit but I'd much rather hear somebody that has had some experience with them...

OP
OP
S

SGV EMT

Forum Probie
Some departments use the title of Police Cadet for academy students, but at my department, its a part-time position where we get experience and training while going to school. You have to go through the same hiring process as an officer (written test, interviews, backround process...) and then maintain the minimum number of required units and the minimum GPA to stay employed.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Some departments use the title of Police Cadet for academy students, but at my department, its a part-time position where we get experience and training while going to school. You have to go through the same hiring process as an officer (written test, interviews, backround process...) and then maintain the minimum number of required units and the minimum GPA to stay employed.

And what are your duties?

OP
OP
S

SGV EMT

Forum Probie
work for a college PD so we respond to calls on campus w/ officers, patrol all campus property, enforce college rules and regulations, and go through different training scenarios...

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
work for a college PD so we respond to calls on campus w/ officers, patrol all campus property, enforce college rules and regulations, and go through different training scenarios...

So, it's like an explorer program.

You're more "eyes and ears" for the actual officers.

CeeEMT

Forum Ride Along
Medic-1

I had a friend in college that worked for Medic-1. She really liked it and was always trying to get me to work with her. Good Luck!!