Massachusetts EMT-B written exam

JP77

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone, i am in serious need of information, i have passed the emt practical exam, and have taken the written exam twice and failed with a 67 and 66, but my deadline in order to take the exam has expired and i was told that i will need to retake the entire emt-b course. Is this true?! also if it is where can i find an accelerated course? i have heard of 14 day classes.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Hello everyone, i am in serious need of information, i have passed the emt practical exam, and have taken the written exam twice and failed with a 67 and 66, but my deadline in order to take the exam has expired and i was told that i will need to retake the entire emt-b course. Is this true?! also if it is where can i find an accelerated course? i have heard of 14 day classes.

Call the MA licensing office or visit their website. You may get the right answer here but going to the source if the best way to get accurate information.

MarshalFoch

Forum Ride Along
You have to pass the written test within six months of *taking* the practical test, and pass within three tries. If you don't then yes you do have to retake an entire emt-b course. The shortest I know of was around three months but there are probably accelerated programs that require full day commitments.