LP15 SpO2

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
None of our monitors have functional pulse ones where I work. Even the brand new v4+ LP15 failed in a week. We leave the sensor plugged as per rep instructions, it’s coiled up in the mesh front flap.

I have never experienced this many failures. We have Zolls at my AMR job tjst use the same masons sensor and cable, no issues. I’ve been using LPs for years and no issues until six months ago.

Anyone else have issues?

I have suggested we just order a bunch of cables but the EMS division thinks we can only warranty what we have.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We’ve had multiple failures. No good answer, and Stryker charges you a bazillion dollars to replace them.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
At my transport gig, we use Zoll monitors. So far, I haven't seen many failures and these are the reusable sensors. At my ED job, we have a Phillips monitor system and we've seen a number of cable-related failures. The sensors we use are disposable. The sensors themselves rarely are bad. It's usually the connector on the cable that connects to the monitor that has problems. I figure our cables last a couple years before they start going bad from having the sensors connected and disconnected as often as they are.

OP
OP
Tigger

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Our budget is outrageous. I would blame it on fire-based EMS, but our EMS admin are not firefighters.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Replacing spO2 sensor cables every 18 months is just the cost of doing business. I just budget a couple of grand for new cables each year. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Tigger

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The update: "They are too expensive to replace, so we won't." Not sure how we are going to get away with that.