Louisville KY ambulance accident

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
1 killed, several hurt as SUV and ambulance collide on Interstate 64

By Nancy C. Rodriguez
nrodriguez@courier-journal.com
The Courier-Journal

One person was killed and several people were injured last night in a wreck on Interstate 64 near Cannons Lane that involved a metro Louisville ambulance.

The ambulance was not carrying a patient, said Officer Dwight Mitchell, a Louisville Metro Police spokesman.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.d.../511150391/1008

EDIT: To conform to New Guidelines

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
It's always hard to read articles about ambulance accidents where the other driver is injured or killed. One happened here a year or so ago and it really saddened the a lot of the local private EMTs/Medics.

Did this happen near you?

OP
OP
ndilley

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
yeah, I was born and raised in Louisville but I live about an hour and a half away now, my whole family still lives there though. It is very upsetting to see EMS involved in accidents just hope that Louisville Metro EMS is able to recoperate and the family is okay.

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
On the same topic.... But here on Long Island

Newsday

LONG ISLAND BRIEFS
CHRISTINE ARMARIO, LINDSAY FABER and ERIK GERMAN, CURTIS L. TAYLOR

November 21, 2005

AMBULANCE HIT BY CAR, 7 INJURED. A driver with a suspended license struck a Centereach Fire Department ambulance in Stony Brook yesterday, toppling it over and injuring seven people.

At around 11:30 a.m., a 1997 Nissan Maxima heading east on Route 347 hit the back right side of an ambulance heading south on Nichols Road to pick up an individual complaining of difficulty breathing.

The ambulance, which had the right of way, fell on its left side, injuring all four people inside, police said. The driver and two passengers in the Nissan were also hurt.

All seven were taken to Stony Brook University Hospital and were treated for minor injuries, police said. Another ambulance already in the area responded to the Centereach Fire Department's assignment.

The driver of the Nissan, whose name was not released, was issued tickets for failing to yield and driving with a suspended license, police said.

- CHRISTINE ARMARIO

OP
OP
ndilley

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
happens to anyone anywhere at anytime...hopefully this winter doesn't play a factor in an increase of accidents