Louisiana Reciprocity Application

kindofafireguy

Forum Crew Member
Has anyone ever applied for reciprocity from another state to Louisiana? The application has a place for "Prospective Employer." At the moment, I don't have one but am instead looking for options as my wife is possibly relocating (she graduated with her Ph.D. Friday).

This is my first time applying for a license from out of state. I was just wondering if anyone knew if you can just submit the app with the appropriate documentation and no employer listed. It might be on the site, but I had a hell of a time navigating it.

Thanks in advance.

Mods, feel free to move this thread if it's in the wrong place, or delete it if another one with this question exists.

feldy

Forum Captain
Yes i have. I reciprocated from MA. You do not have to put anything for potential employers but you could put a company that you would be interested in working for...it doesnt really matter.

The only thing that you need is to have your NREMT and then once they give you the okay...you will have to go to Baton Rouge to take the state practical test.

The practical has gotten more difficult since I took it (more critical fail points).

LA BEMS is not the best at responding by phone or by email so it may take some time for them to approve your app but i dont see why they would reject it if you had your NREMT.

OP
OP
kindofafireguy

kindofafireguy

Forum Crew Member
Thanks feldy, that's what I was hoping.

I'm trying to figure out the "letter of good standing" part of the app. I'm assuming my regional office for Texas DSHS can fill it out for me, but who knows. I'm originally from Louisiana, so I'm no stranger to the LA way of governmental business.

Oh well. Thanks for the info.

feldy

Forum Captain
Oh yes, LA way of Govt business certainly has not changed. the letter of good standing seems new. My guess is that they just want to know from previous employers whether you have a clean slate or not (conference letters, write ups, suspensions, complaints etc.)

It sounds like it could just be a type of recommendation letter. Im curious to know though, when you find out let me know.