Louisiana Basic, looking for work

Nick_ibn_Lester

Forum Ride Along
Howdy all, my names Nick and I just got licensed as a basic in Louisiana (Baton Rouge), I've trolled this forum a bit and noticed several LA medics posting.
I was hoping to get some advice from anyone who would know,
I applied at Acadian for a part time position but the recruiter told me he didn't know if there were any PRH positions open around BR (I'm kicking myself because I forgot to tell him I'd commute a good ways just to get on a truck, I'm planning on calling him back Tuesday) but he said he'd 'get back to me.'

If that falls through what would my other options for employment be?
Also, anyone done the V.I.G.O.R program with NO EMS, I was reading about it and thought it might be a good chance to get some experience...
Thank ya'll in advance!

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Howdy all, my names Nick and I just got licensed as a basic in Louisiana (Baton Rouge), I've trolled this forum a bit and noticed several LA medics posting.
I was hoping to get some advice from anyone who would know,
I applied at Acadian for a part time position but the recruiter told me he didn't know if there were any PRH positions open around BR (I'm kicking myself because I forgot to tell him I'd commute a good ways just to get on a truck, I'm planning on calling him back Tuesday) but he said he'd 'get back to me.'

If that falls through what would my other options for employment be?
Also, anyone done the V.I.G.O.R program with NO EMS, I was reading about it and thought it might be a good chance to get some experience...
Thank ya'll in advance!

Do what you can to get on FT at Acadian, there are few companies, particularly private companies that will compare. Once you are there for a while positions to transfer usually come up.

feldy

Forum Captain
I just got on the VIGOR program last week. Im really excited to start working with New Orleans EMS. I have not worked on an only emergency truck so it will be very good experience plus some of the neat training benefits that VIGORS get. there wont be another orientation for a little while but PM me if you want the guys contact info.

In the New Orleans/ jefferson parish area, there is both East Jefferson EMS and West Jeff ems and A-Med.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
N

Nick_ibn_Lester

Forum Ride Along
I'm in College at the moment as well, If I could go FT around my school schedule I would but as far as I know Acadian changes the shifts week to week, I'd like to work PT but I don't figure any of the Parish EMS offices hire on PT guys, unless I'm mistaken?

PMing you feldy, thanks to the both of you by the way.