Losing weight without a gym

mcdonl

Forum Captain
Here's another big one- stop drinking. I gained 15 pounds in about 6 months in part because I turned 21 and really started enjoying the Mojitos. Lost almost all of it since I started taking a med I can't drink on. Alcohol is chock full of empty calories and sugar and adds up before you know it.

Sent from my telefono

Yeah, cut out soda too... thats a big one. (Thats what she said...dammit... I cant NOT type it....)

Daniel2002

Forum Ride Along
If you can't afford to go to a gym, you can do so in the house. There is
weight lifting routine that you can do to loss weight. Also take care of your diet.

Patrick Smith

Forum Ride Along
Yeah, you don't have to train in a gym. You could buy a weight set, make your own weight set, or just use gymnastic style bodyweight routines (which are GREAT). You might want to check out Coach Sommers's website (http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/). He's a national gymnastic coach and has a fantastic approach to strength and fitness training.

DESERTDOC

Forum Lieutenant
This is an easy path to follow: Nothing refined by man, or out of a box, no white bread, no sugar of any kind. Canned or frozen veggies or fruits are ok, but fresh is better. If you eat carbs, long chain only, brown wild rice over Uncle Ben's instant. Eat protiens first, then veggies or fruits, then carbs. Use fats sparingly. Lift some moderate weights and go nuts swimming. Alternate days of weights and swimming.

Portion control. Eat about 1.5 cups of food about 5-6 times a day. This is were people in the US FAIL. We are piglets when it comes to portion sizes.

All that said, one of my favorite meals is a large double pepperoni and salami pie from Luigis's or Zelda's.

The above is a generalization, not meant to be used as a health plan. A patient/provider relationship does not exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shelley Watson

Forum Probie
Without going to gym, losing weight is possible. Only a successful weight loss program is necessary. It should include both nutrition and exercise. Exercise should be simple which will help you losing weight safely and in a healthy manner.

Uma1010

Forum Ride Along
My buddy i think you have to do yoga .This is best in the whole world to fit our body...............:). You have to try for natural products like lemon juice , silica , with a lot of exercise...............

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
caloric intake vs caloric expense. simple math. intake<expense, your body is gonna get energy from somewhere, usually fat cells. burning fat cells = lower body fat percentage.

Iodine

Forum Ride Along
Pick up the pocket army PT guide. It's mostly pre-basic training, but it has a TON of good stuff in it.

Building up to regular running and using your body for resistance training. It's worth a look.

I lost the link, but you should be able to Google it. It's a free download as I recall.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Uma1010

Forum Ride Along
To reduce weight we should have to yoga, exercise and other hand with a proper diet. Sometimes we take fast food that contains toxins that may cause of fat , so we have to flushed out these toxins by using silica or lemon juice etc.

JPINFV

Gadfly
To reduce weight we should have to yoga, exercise and other hand with a proper diet. Sometimes we take fast food that contains toxins that may cause of fat , so we have to flushed out these toxins by using silica or lemon juice etc.

[not.sure.if.serious.jpg]

TCastig82

Forum Ride Along
If you can get a hold of the entire program, either borrow it from someone, download it from one of those bit torrent sites or buy it. I highly recommend it. It truely is a game changer. Physically and mentally. I have been doing it routinely for almost 2 years. The second version is coming out in Dec, I can't wait. Here is the website "beachbody.com", don't get scared by all the hype it really is worth it. Actually any of the workouts, Insanity is well named! A lot of cardio and plyometrics, and all the programs are great for women as well! Good luck!

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

Sasha

Forum Chief
I love when people talk about every day crap that contains toxins. Ive eaten fast food mostof my 23 years i must be exceedingly toxic :-D

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Gray

Forum Lieutenant
If you can get a hold of the entire program, either borrow it from someone, download it from one of those bit torrent sites or buy it. I highly recommend it. It truely is a game changer. Physically and mentally. I have been doing it routinely for almost 2 years. The second version is coming out in Dec, I can't wait. Here is the website "beachbody.com", don't get scared by all the hype it really is worth it. Actually any of the workouts, Insanity is well named! A lot of cardio and plyometrics, and all the programs are great for women as well! Good luck!

Actually buying it would work wonders to be a responsible citizen. How about if you worked hard on a car and I stole it? It's the same thing. Also the paperwork and guides that are printed are great.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I love when people talk about every day crap that contains toxins. Ive eaten fast food mostof my 23 years i must be exceedingly toxic :-D

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Well it could explain a few things.:rofl:

:ph34r:

tommyG

Forum Probie
Walk Walk Walk. Besides making time for walking, fit it in to your normal schedule: Once your shopping cart is full, then walk a few laps around the inside of a store. In parking lots, park far from your destination. Any place that you go, walk around for a little bit at your destination. Good luck!

epipusher

Forum Asst. Chief
An excellent way to lose weight without hitting the gym is adipex(phentermine). Ask your doc about it. I took it for 90 days and lost 70 lbs. Albeit, I was doing some moderate exercise during those 3 months, but the majority of it was from the medication. Just do your research on it. My doc required 2 physicals and 3 rounds of blood work prior to getting a prescription. Just recently hit a year of keeping it off as well.

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
You don't need a gym. Body weight exercises like pushups, pull ups, bench dips, jogging, things of that nature.

And eat healthier, you don't need a specialized eating program, search around on the net for diet plans to get yourself started.

Very good advice.

Working at a "base" where you work 24 hour shifts, the diet and exercise part are pretty easy.

I had a surgery back in December and put on a lot of extra weight. I cleaned up my diet and lost 24 lbs in two months simply by changing my diet.

No sodas, no extra sugar. I use honey in my coffee.

Salad using baby spinach as the leafy portion, then a olive oil based dressing.

Then mostly body weight exercises while at the base. I throw in a little dumbbell and band work to mix it up a little.

At 42 years old I dropped from a 36 inch waist to a 32 in less than 2 months.

Here is a pic where you can see my face and the size of the belly (charity "Dancing with the Stars) just after my surgery.........

http://www.dt4ems.com/gallery/album...0184862069535_699254534_8863797_4111796_n.JPG

And this one is after using just what I said........*Warning* Shirtless image....The pic was taken because some in my "circle" were really ribbingme about my belly and how out of shape I had gotten. Now I got the last laugh :)

http://www.dt4ems.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/photo_28529.JPG

So, cleaning up the diet and doing a little exercising makes all the difference in the world.

EMSANTHEM

Forum Crew Member
Listen :

If Man Makes It Do'nt Eat it !
Water Only to drink.
Eat lots of fresh fruit there low in cals plus have lots antiox.
Milk is the best protein out there.
NO SODA!!!!!
Tuna, chicken,fish lean cuts of meat.
EAT BREAKFEST!

As for workouts use moves that use your own bodyweight
ex. running, jogging,walking,pullups,pushups,jumping jacks, streching,
walking up stairs, SQUATS get your hips straight 180 degrees.