Looking for some advice in getting experience

jake907

Forum Ride Along
Here is some background on me: I just turned 19 and got my EMT in Alaska my senior year of high school. I just recently moved down to Everett Washington to attend Everett Community to take the fire science classes to eventually become a firefighter. When I took my Emt class I got my Alaska cert along with my NREMT. Ive been trying to find how to get my WA state license but have not had any luck. Could anyone point me in the right direction. Im also trying to get experience working, I wouldn't mind volunteering but a paying job would be nice. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show

Rajd

Forum Ride Along
Here is some background on me: I just turned 19 and got my EMT in Alaska my senior year of high school. I just recently moved down to Everett Washington to attend Everett Community to take the fire science classes to eventually become a firefighter. When I took my Emt class I got my Alaska cert along with my NREMT. Ive been trying to find how to get my WA state license but have not had any luck. Could anyone point me in the right direction. Im also trying to get experience working, I wouldn't mind volunteering but a paying job would be nice. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
If you wanna fast track to the Fire Service look at California (Cal Fire) or Texas https://teex.org/program/firefighter-recruit-entry-level-academy/
Washington is not the best state to start out in or even work in. Just sayin.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas

MedicFF

Forum Probie
If you wanna fast track to the Fire Service look at California (Cal Fire)

Incorrect. Your typical CA-accredited FF1 academy dwarfs most states’ combined FF1/2 academy in hours, sometimes by more than double. CA, in most counties, is also the most competitive in the country for getting a fire service job. Some other states literally can’t fill the spots of baby boomer retirees.

MedicFF

Forum Probie
TEEX Fire school is literally minimum standards for volunteer fire departments to get “credentialed” firefighters.

Yes, and sadly, you can say the same for several states’ fire academies. Most all states are ProBoard, IFSAC, or both, but there is a massively wide spectrum of extent and duration of training for FF1/2.