Looking for place to do Paramedic Internship

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Ideally I am looking for an out of state internship with the possibility of a future testing or hire date incase things go well and I get lucky. I also would like

1. A big city with close to 1 million people or over that

2. A municipal transporting agency

my school has been less then helpful in getting me one so far. I have been shot down by SanDiego fire(EMS division), San Francisco Fire(EMS division), Boston EMS, NYFD(EMS division).

anyone have any good contacts, suggestions, hook up's or suggestions?

Haven't been able to make contact with Chicago fire (EMS division) or Pittsburgh EMS. Sure would like to here from someone whos part of an agency like the one I described, or someone who has done an internship with a place like that, or even just someone who has some helpfull comments.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Pittsburg has their own medic program, but are a very progressive EMS agency.

RichMedic - what about Richmond???

Don't even think about Philadelphia, PA (no offense, PhillyMedic).

Jon

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
You might try Medic out of Charlotte, NC. Definately over a million patients, I mean people, in the metro area...and if you don't like blizzards its a good place to look into. If you like the snow, well I hear Oswego, NY is nice this time of year.

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
cool thanks for the quick replys, keep them coming

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
C'mon down to the ROCK!! Would love to share an ambulance with ya....

Plus we got to get you some Southern Edumuhcation!!! LOL

-CP

Recruiting

Forum Probie
Who did you contact a Boston EMS? PM me maybe I can get you in touch with the right Deputy Supt. there.

I can't believe NY EMS would not help you with the internship. Maybe the FD has something to do with it.

Lot of people went there for ther EMT-P internships back in the day. Who knows since the FD took them from H&H...

firegal920

Forum Probie
If your looking to get heated up...try PMT or Southwest Ambulance in Phoenix. I hear that they are always looking for help but I'm not sure what they are looking for. Could also try AMR (American Medical Response).

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Recruiting said:
I can't believe NY EMS would not help you with the internship. Maybe the FD has something to do with it.

Lot of people went there for ther EMT-P internships back in the day. Who knows since the FD took them from H&H...

FDNY won't take people who are not NY certified and/or in the FDNY academy program (with some rare exceptions for Navy SeALs, for example). They will allow ride alongs but not internships. You have to hook up with a hospital in NY that has their own busses (which do 911 runs) and ride w/them.