Looking for Accelerated Classes in Southern California

Hessenth

Forum Ride Along
Let me explain before I get flamed. I tried googling for programs in my area, but didn't find any. I also don't want to take the program because I want to rush through it. I am currently taking and finishing an EMT-B program at a community college and am likely to fall short 3 hours of being able to test NR. I live in southern California, in the Ventura area. I would like to take an accelerated course because I know the material already, and just want to be able to pass. I don't feel like I would be skimping on my learning experience.

Any help? And very sorry if this was already answered somewhere, I am in between classes and getting frustrated trying to find an accelerated course nearby.

So Cal EMT

Forum Probie
Let me explain before I get flamed. I tried googling for programs in my area, but didn't find any. I also don't want to take the program because I want to rush through it. I am currently taking and finishing an EMT-B program at a community college and am likely to fall short 3 hours of being able to test NR. I live in southern California, in the Ventura area. I would like to take an accelerated course because I know the material already, and just want to be able to pass. I don't feel like I would be skimping on my learning experience.

Any help? And very sorry if this was already answered somewhere, I am in between classes and getting frustrated trying to find an accelerated course nearby.

Which hours are you lacking? Clinicals? Cant you just make up the 3 hours? Do another ride-a-long?

If not you may wanna check out. www.CIEMT.com They have accelerated classes in both Hawthorne (@ McCormick Ambulance HQ) and Long Beach. The courses range from 3 weeks to 7 weeks.

OP
OP
H

Hessenth

Forum Ride Along
Thanks. No, my instructor refuses to let me make up 3 hours, even though I was sick and have a doctor's note and have a B+ (A?) in the class. Thanks for the info, btw!

Any more info is greatly appreciated.

only1jomo

Forum Probie
I just finished an accelerated course with UCLA (F***ing Great).

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
I recommend the UCLA one. Though shorter than many others, the ride-along students from that school usually impress me with their attitude and knowledge (comparatively).