Let's Talk Monitors!

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I've used LP 12s, 15s and Zoll M and E I think? Currently using the LP12, which is OK.

I like the Zolls the best. The lay out, screen, ease of use, battery life etc is all better than the LP IMO. The only thing I don't like about them is that the paper has perforations. It makes the strips a bit delicate and prone to tearing.

The LP 15 seems ok. I definitely agree with everyone about the LP 12 battery life. I haven't used a 15 enough to know if the batter life is any better.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I saw an LP12 on a gurney stand today and I have to say, it looked just awkward and wrong... It was way too tall, and had to be put sideways so the only person that could see it is someone standing next to the gurney... It just looked... Wrong.

irish_handgrenade

Forum Lieutenant
I work full time and part time with 2 busy services, and PRN with 2 more very small services, and I get to use 3 different monitors. Zoll E series, and Lifepack 12s mostly, with the two smaller services using M series zolls. I will rank them in order from best to worst.
1. zoll E series is by far the best. Our E series to BP, SPO2/ETCO2 wave forms, as well as all the other standard ECG and defib capabilities, But it also does a quick six. A quick six is basically when you have the basic 4 lead on the pt. you hold down the record button and it spits out the first 6 leads of a 12lead. Very useful if you want to check that before you dose that first nitro you know. Downside? the bp cuffs have a mind of there own.

2. Lifepack 12s sturdy monitor good all around ours don't have ETCO2 or bp cuffs but a good all around monitor.

3. all others a lower grade monitors that I don't recommend.

irish_handgrenade

Forum Lieutenant
i thought it was obvious I was stating a negative about the monitors we have at that service. I understand it has that capability and I have used a LP12 that has those features, but one of the services I work for does not have those features.

ceej

Forum Crew Member
I just got hired onto a new service a few weeks ago that uses the Phillips MRx.

I have to say, it's a pretty fantastic monitor. The battery life is amazing, too.