"Learning For Life" Programs

Cory

Forum Captain
So, seeing as I'm 15, I have to find newbie ways to get involved with EMS at all. (other than CERT which I am going to look into eventually)

SO, is anyone here familiar with the Learning For Life Explorer Programs (I think they are loosely associated with the Boy Scouts?)

If so, you might know that there are seven main fields, wo of which are called "Fire" and "Health"

So anyway, at a local hospital downtown there is going to be a new explorer post for "health explorers". There is a crap load of fields within health, and one mentioned was "Emergency Medicne" Now, if you have experience with explorer programs, you might be able to tell me if EMS(pre-hospital obviously) is involved in the health division, or the fire division. If none of you have any idea, then shame on you.

-Cory-

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
So, seeing as I'm 15, I have to find newbie ways to get involved with EMS at all. (other than CERT which I am going to look into eventually)

SO, is anyone here familiar with the Learning For Life Explorer Programs (I think they are loosely associated with the Boy Scouts?)

If so, you might know that there are seven main fields, wo of which are called "Fire" and "Health"

So anyway, at a local hospital downtown there is going to be a new explorer post for "health explorers". There is a crap load of fields within health, and one mentioned was "Emergency Medicne" Now, if you have experience with explorer programs, you might be able to tell me if EMS(pre-hospital obviously) is involved in the health division, or the fire division. If none of you have any idea, then shame on you.

-Cory-

You're old enough to do some local volunteer work for Red Cross as an EMR.