Last question, right or wrong?

Lunah

Forum Crew Member
True.. but what was the difference in price of the CEN exam and NREMT exam? I am actually surprised that we have computer testing, many professional boards still use paper and pencil examinations. I personally rather see a probationary period come back alike several years ago where one had to work for 6 months before receiving their patch and certificate and recognition.

I can't remember what the NREMT fee was ... $175? $200? The CEN exam was $220 (but that's the ENA member price ... non-members pay $360).

I wouldn't mind taking the paper/pencil test, ever -- at least that way I can go back and review my answers! I try not to change any, though. :) Bad habit! I was able to go back and review my CEN answers before completing the test, though.

daughertyemta

Forum Crew Member
and your right don't take it on a friday because you won't get your results until monday. Although yes it is nerve racking not knowing or not whether you passed or failed. Some of you can remember what thats like when your a new emt or paramedic. Just wanting to know if you passed or not. Wanting to call all your class mates and brag or not to call anyone hahaha. I have never taken the NR test before until I was becoming a paramedic because in Indiana you only have to be state certified. So it was a whole different ball game! Although I am happy that it only takes a few hours or days to get your results and not weeks! But I took mine on friday at 1:30 pm and didn't get my results until monday morning!

street_shark

Forum Probie
i got a question (and of couse i changed it to not violate the nremt rule) but say you got a guy that has difficulty breathing and is coughing up blood...and your choices are,
a. do bvm
b. givem a non rebreather and a surgical mask
c. givem a non rebreather and put on a hepa mask

its c right? (i couldnt find it in my book =/ )

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
i got a question (and of couse i changed it to not violate the nremt rule) but say you got a guy that has difficulty breathing and is coughing up blood...and your choices are,
a. do bvm

You can find the answer to your question here

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
a. do bvm

Where's d. ?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I can't remember what the NREMT fee was ... $175? $200? The CEN exam was $220 (but that's the ENA member price ... non-members pay $360).

I wouldn't mind taking the paper/pencil test, ever -- at least that way I can go back and review my answers! I try not to change any, though. :) Bad habit! I was able to go back and review my CEN answers before completing the test, though.

The NREMT did not cause the increase fee; it was based upon the Pearson/Vue testing fees. As well, CEN is a speciality board fee and you already have a RN license. NREMT is many times utilized for the state cert or license.

I did like the paper & pencil of reviewing as well, even way back when on the CEN test ( I hate looking @ the monitor & seeing myself).

Figure the renewal costs of $20 in comparrision... still not a bad deal.

R/r 911

TL80

Forum Probie
I passed my NREMT-B and I got the last question right 100% because I looked up in the book afterwords and I am pretty sure I got the last few questions right so I believe in the statistic if you get the last question right under a certain number you are more likely to pass..oh and mine stopped at 70.. this could be helpful to know where you are at during the test..I think it made me focus more when I was at like question 60 and determined to get the next few answers right, so I slowed down and read more into it. Goodluck to any future NREMT-B takers!

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
12 characters

Last edited by a moderator: