Landed a Job!

JonTullos

Forum Captain
Had an interview last week with a hospital-based 911 service last week. I found out today that I got it! I'm going to be working full time and all that good stuff. Obviously this means that I'm most likely leaving the radio station, at least full time. I'm pumped! Gotta go in tomorrow for drug screen and TB test but it's here.

Just thought I'd share my excitement! Thanks to everyone who encouraged me along the way.

Next stop (next fall): Medic school!

Jon

thatgirl00

Forum Crew Member
Great! how long did it take you to get a job after being certified?

OP
OP
JonTullos

JonTullos

Forum Captain
Thanks! it took about two weeks or so. But, I know of some who took Basic with me who haven't landed a job yet. Just depends on how things work in your area.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Had an interview last week with a hospital-based 911 service last week. I found out today that I got it! I'm going to be working full time and all that good stuff. Obviously this means that I'm most likely leaving the radio station, at least full time. I'm pumped! Gotta go in tomorrow for drug screen and TB test but it's here.

Just thought I'd share my excitement! Thanks to everyone who encouraged me along the way.

Next stop (next fall): Medic school!

Jon

So you are saying that there is the possibility that you didn't get the job.... :unsure: J/K JT.... Congrats, but remember, it was only because of the prayers to the Drunk Vikings. ARRRRRGGG :p

OP
OP
JonTullos

JonTullos

Forum Captain
So you are saying that there is the possibility that you didn't get the job.... :unsure: J/K JT.... Congrats, but remember, it was only because of the prayers to the Drunk Vikings. ARRRRRGGG :p

Ah, yes, I forgot about the Drunk Vikings... LOL And unless I've been slipped something special in the brownies I ate from the Little Debbie box at home, I doubt the drug test will be an issue. :p

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Thanks! it took about two weeks or so. But, I know of some who took Basic with me who haven't landed a job yet. Just depends on how things work in your area.
Congrats!!! I've been trying for an EMT job for the past month and a half, but alas...nothing. <_<

OP
OP
JonTullos

JonTullos

Forum Captain
Congrats. Get to work!

LOL I will when they say I can. I want to try and work a two week notice at my present job if I can. They're good people and I don't want to leave them in too much of a bind (if they won't let me stay part time).

There is nothing better than getting a job you've been seeking.

Amen to that!

paccookie

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats!!